Blackthorn

I am so sorry this has taken what seems like a million years! Once again I've been busy but once exams are over I promise to update more often :)

Anyway . . . enjoy!!!!

"Please, please tell me a white van still counts." Merlin groaned; dragging his finger down the window and leaving a line smudged on the glass.

As I'd imagined, the games could only go on so long before everyone was feeling the boredom that lingered in the air.

Molly sighed next to me and shuffled for the fiftieth time in her seat and stated, "My legs are numb."

I had total sympathy for her, all I wanted to do was stretch my limbs and run around for a while. Not that I liked running but it seemed like such a good idea considering the cooped up situation I was in at the moment.

" . . . And if you look out of the windows on your left, you'll see a tractor ploughing a field. There's such a massive agricultural industry around here . . ." Mr Globe was droning on about something.

"That's because we're in the middle of nowhere." Sherlock mumbled behind me.

It was true, once we'd left the motorway there had been nothing to see but fields and trees and not much else . . . maybe the occasional sheep. This had also meant there was a fatal lack of yellow cars, meaning we'd had to come up with alternatives such as: farm house, chicken, white vans and carrier bag. This had only been up to the point where it got stupid and we had to stop, declaring it was a draw between us all, something Sherlock had resented whole heartedly because he knew he was winning. Again.

"Sorry to bring this up again but I just had a thought." Arthur said, cracking his fingers in front of him as he stretched his arms, "What if the fro-,"

Loki made a hissing noise, lunged sideways in his seat and jabbed his finger in Arthurs' direction.
"Say one more word Pendragon, and once we're off this bus I'll bury you so far underground, all that will be left of you is a myth!" He warned in a manner that I, personally, wouldn't have challenged.

It had taken in excess of an hour to solve the problem of the brick and the frog. It was an argument I never wanted to hear resurrected again unless it was going to make me a fortune in a book. And let's face it: how many people were going to buy and read a book about a brick and a frog? It wasn't exactly your average children's story.

Clara sat up in her seat and turned to look at me over her headrest, "I'm so full of E-numbers I think I'm going to burst if I sit here any longer."

"You shouldn't have drunk all the coke then, should you?" Loki said sitting back in his seat after scaring Arthur into silence.

Clara shrugged, "It seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess."

Just then we felt the coach slowing and beginning to turn off the road into a long gravel drive way.

"Nearly there now, Kids!" Mr Sulu said from behind the wheel at the front.

"Hallelujah!" Thor cheered just as Leon followed the comment up with "It goes like this the fourth the fifth!"

"Oh please no, no!" Loki shot up in his seat to look back at his brother but it had already started. Personally I thought the cover version of the classic hit from the back of the bus was pretty entertaining especially when it became clear that half of the guys singing didn't quite know the words so most lines were just "Dar da dar da dar da darrrrrrrr!" which was quite inventive.

"I hate that song." Loki sunk down in his seat when the singing/serenading/shouting stopped.

"Very good." The Doctor said over the top of his chair, clapping his hands in applause.