Chapter 52: Forgotten Fragments

Start from the beginning

If you mix her two normal and amnesiac personalities, you get Alis. For a second the, Nikolas imagined a rabbit and kitten becoming a cat with rabbit's ears and tail and he could help but laugh.

Alis indeed.

"Your father's rabbit! Your sister's rabbit! Your whole family are rabbits!" Nikolas wanted to get angry and say something in defense, but when he realised how many people did his family actually consist of - which were more like a whole clan - and putting it together with analogy of rabbits mating like crazy, he could help but start laughing even harder.

And thanks to his injuries, his whole body hurt like hell, but he couldn't stop.

He was going to really die at this pace.

"You're crazy, apparently that boyfriend of yours hit you so hard that you lost your sanity - if you even had one to begin with," she mumbled to herself before sighing. Whatever, she came here to help him, but stupidity and neurophysiology weren't things she specialised in. Remembering why she came here, she pulled out the packed ice she got from earlier from the fridge to mend to his bruises. She couldn't sleep knowing that he might accidentally die from stupidity and his injuries.

How did he even survive for so long?

She placed the pack of ice on his cheek where he had an incredibly huge purple mark and winced. Damn man, who did you cheat on? A boxing champion?

"This dude of yours had some pretty strong hands, it seems," she mumbled as he finally stopped laughing after noticing her actions. He wanted to tell her that it was actually Snake who did it, but he was sure it would disturb her somehow. She might even begin to feel guilty.

Women work like that, wasn't that so? They overthink shit and become bothered by it too easily.

Now that he thinks of it, Alis isn't all that bad woman, after all.

"Say, Alis-" he began and she glanced at him, wondering how the bloody hell did she get mixed up with someone as crazy as him. Just what did her past self do to deserve that-

"Let's have sex."

- that motherfucking rude son of a - no wait, it's bad to curse his mother just because he's a maniac and a dumbass.

"Weren't you into men?" she took a deep breath, that head injury of his seriously damaged his logic and brain, no?

"I swing both ways," was his with reply and she roughly pushed the ice on his wound.

"I'll swing your head both ways if you don't shut up with that nonsense this moment, you dumbass!" For a second, she couldn't think of any other curse that somehow didn't offend his mother so she kept quit. During this few days, she came to realize that the woman who gave birth to Nikolas... Was no longer in this world. And it even seemed like taboo to talk about her between Nikolas and Vincent.

"You can swing my head all you want, but do return it with a nice swing of your butt, I'd be immediately healed by that sight," Where was that rough and seriously looking asshole from before that could only frown and threaten others with scary face? Was this his alter ego? The joking Nikolas everyone thought has disappeared for eternity but thanks to getting trashed by his boyfriend he accidentally released him?

Maybe that head injury was really serious after all.

"Say, Nikolas," he began before sitting down, the more she listened to his stupid remarks, the more her legs felt like giving in and kicking him despite being injured already, "... Actually, nevermind, I forgot what I wanted to ask."

She actually did.

"What, my beauty captivated you so much that you're at loss of words when faced with such a heavenly presence?" her jaw dropped at that response and she literally had to use her own hand to pull it up.

The. Audacity. Of. This. Guy.

She'll fucking murder him!

"What beauty, you look like the ugliest goblin that's crawled up the deepest pit of everything ugly and immoral, you asshole!"

"Are you implying on something with that curse word? With how many times you've repeated it today, I'd think you're intentionally leading me on," he winked at her and her whole body turned stone. Head injury? More like brain defect. This level of stupidity was not something that could be brought with simply smacking someone - no, it came from long ago. He always had it, hadn't he?

"But don't worry, my fair lady. This gentleman will control himself and not give in to temptation that easy. Since I decided to protect you and all," not even Nikolas knew where those words have came from, but he blamed it on stress and whiskey.

Alis, on the other hand, had a blank expression on her face. There, where Nikolas just stood she saw another person. He was younger and he had a dark brown hair - it always seems to be filled with dirt for some reason - yet it was a natural color. His grey eyes were full of mischief as he stared at her. He was around eighteen, from what she could tell but he looked more mature than most grown-ups she knew.

He was currently smiling at her, his smile, despite his eyes showing mischief, was pure and joyful as he opened his mouth to speak.

"But fear not, my fair lady, for this man is not someone to give into temptation or I'll never be able to become the king of the underground. And you have no need to fear anyone for I, Wolf, have decided to protect you!"

And then, everything went black as she lost consciousness. She could only remember someone calling her name as she sunk deeper into the darkness.