Is there a chance?

"How nice of you to finally show up at rehearsals." Mick took a very theatrical bow in front of Stevie and Lindsey once they arrived. "We've only missed what, three weeks? Oh, but that's nothing!" He waved it off, his voice dripping with sarcasm. 

With a roll of her eyes Stevie approached him and opened her arms for a hug. Sighing, Mick embraced her, kissing her on the cheek. "Sorry, Mick. We promise to work extra hard now to make up for lost time." She smiled up at him.

"If you weren't so adorable, I'd be mad at you." He said, his arms still loosely around her.

"Hey, watch it, Fleetwood!" Lindsey gave Mick a pointed look.

"I'm deeply sorry." Mick stepped back, holding his hands up as the three of them laughed. "Have you finally sorted your shit out?"

"I believe so, yes." Stevie nodded her head, glancing at Lindsey, who stood next to her, reaching for her hand. 

"Hallelujah!" Mick exclaimed, causing Stevie to giggle. 

"Where's John?" Lindsey asked, looking around.

"He's running a little late, coming from a doctor's appointment." Mick explained and Stevie's eyebrows creased.

"Is he okay?"

"Oh, yes. Yes, his is. Just a checkup." Mick shrugged it off. "Right. I understand we have to yet again take a closer look at our set list?"

"You can just cross out Joe's songs." Stevie sighed, then added. "I don't suppose Lindsey would want to play them." 

"Well, to be fair, you've had some huge hits without me, so..." Lindsey trailed off, his eyes moving from Stevie to Mick. "I mean... I could learn a couple. After all it's my fault Joe is gone and the fans do like a lot of what he's written."

Stevie stood a little stunned, while Mick gave him the kind of are you kidding me? look. "Where was this attitude when both of you were supposed to be a part of this tour?" Without giving a chance for Lindsey to answer, Mick continued. "Alright then. I'll think it over and give you a list of songs, which I think your playing and your voice would sound good on."

"Fine." Lindsey nodded once and Mick excused himself, when his phone started ringing.

"Well, well, well..." Stevie smirked at Lindsey. "Look at you, being all mature."

Lindsey shrugged it off, trying to come across as nonchalant. "It's not a big deal. I'm a big boy."

"Mmm, yes you are." Stevie winked and Lindsey groaned, cursing Mick for returning so quickly. 

The day went by relatively quickly and without a hitch. Without a hitch for Fleetwood Mac that is. There would always be some disagreements among the band about one or the other, but all things considered, the first practice after the unexpected and unplanned break was really good.

Before the four went their separate ways until the next rehearsal, Stevie turned around at the sound of a pair of high heels and was met with her daughter, looking unusually shy.

"Danielle, sweetheart." Stevie breathed, rushing to her girl. They hadn't seen each other yet after that phone call a few days ago. The two women embraced and stood hugging each other for a moment, while Lindsey, Mick and John looked away, giving them some privacy. "What are you doing here, honey?"

"I wanted to see you and Karen told me that I'd find you here." 

"You could have waited for me at hom- never mind." Stevie shook her head. "Anyway. Was there something you wanted?"

"First of all, I want to apologize for how I acted."

"You already have and it's okay." Stevie smiled a little.

"It's not, Mom. You don't deserve that from me." Dani sighed, shaking her head. "Also, I hope you won't get angry, but... I won't be joining you on this tour. You probably understand why."

Sad to hear it, Stevie nodded nevertheless. "I do, baby. And I'm not angry, I get it. This should be the last of your worries, I'll manage. Well, Karen will." They laughed and embraced again. "Are you in a hurry? We thought of going somewhere for dinner, Lindsey and I." Stevie suggested without really thinking.

Danielle forced a smile. "Thanks, but Brian is waiting in the car for me. We were driving to his place, I asked him to stop here."

 "Oh... Well, okay. Give Brian my love. Don't be a stranger." Stevie waved at Danielle on her way out.

"Everything's alright?" Lindsey asked, pressing a kiss to Stevie's temple.

"Mhm, yes. Just... realized that things will be very different from now on." Stevie sighed, leaning into to Lindsey, who nodded. "Let's go home."

And so they did.

Later the same night, when Lindsey and Stevie were already in bed, there was something on Lindsey's mind that suddenly bothered him. He'd be lying if he said, he hadn't thought about it before. The timing was what made him question it most. Should he bring it up though? How would Stevie take it? Would she get mad at him? However, he felt like he had the right to know.

"Steph?"

"What?" 

"Could you..." Lindsey began showing at the book in her hands.

Closing the book, Stevie took off her reading glasses as well. "What is it?"

"I was thinking and, uh... I just..." Sighing heavily. "I saw Danielle today and those thoughts came flooding back."

"What thoughts, Linds?"

Here goes... "Is Danielle really Joe's daughter? Or is there a chance she's mine?"