What is he doing here?

"Aren't you going to say something?" Lindsey spoke up again, while Stevie just stared at him, speechless. "Steph?"

"Don't you call her that." Joe stepped in, glaring at Lindsey, his arm around Stevie's waist. "Babe?"

Stevie seemingly unfroze at last, glancing at Joe briefly, before she excused herself. "I need... I need some fresh air, I'm sorry." She left the men alone, her eyes brimming with tears.

"What the hell, Mick?" Joe folded his arms, looking at his bandmate. "What is he doing here?"

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here." Lindsey said, unimpressed.

"You're not supposed to be here!"

"Calm down, the both of you." Mick's gaze shifted from Joe to Lindsey and back again. "Why are you and Stevie so surprised? I thought Lindsey said, he'd be here today?"

"No, he called Stevie and asked her out, that's what he did." Joe explained, his teeth gritted.

"Oh..."

"Yeah, oh. So, are you going to tell me why the fuck this asshole is here?" Joe asked again and Lindsey opened his mouth, but Mick held up a hand, silencing him.

"No other reason other than him wanting to see how we're doing." Mick shrugged, but Joe didn't buy it.

"After twenty years, right? He just decided to pop in for a quick chat?"

"Joe, come on..." Mick sighed.

"I'm going to find Stevie." Joe looked at Lindsey for a second, his eyes narrowed.

It didn't take long for Joe to locate Stevie. She was sitting outside by the entrance they both had just walked through, hunched over, head in her hands. Joe approached her and took a seat, placing his hand on her back, moving it up and down.

"Are you okay?"

Sniffling, Stevie sat up straight, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand as she faced Joe. "He shouldn't be here."

"No, he really shouldn't." Joe shook his head, wrapping one arm around her shoulders, as he pulled her closer, pressing a kiss to her temple. "You know what Mick said? Apparently, Lindsey wanted to check how we're doing." Scoffing, Joe then clenched his jaw. "First of all, he thinks it's okay to call you and ask you to meet him to catch up, now, he's come in to our freaking rehearsals!" Standing up, Joe said. "I'm going to ask him to leave."

"Don't, no." Stevie took his hand, tugging a little so he remained seated. "We can deal with it. We can't let him see that even after all this time, his presence still has an effect on us. Because it doesn't, right?"

Studying her face for a moment, Joe asked. "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, honey." Stevie nodded, forcing a smile. She leaned in for a quick kiss, then got back up on her feet. "Come on, we've got songs to practice."

A minute later, Stevie and Joe returned, holding hands, paying no attention to Lindsey whatsoever. However, Lindsey addressed them. Well, her. "I'm sorry I didn't mention that I'd be here, Stevie. I didn't think it would be a big deal. If anything, I thought you'd be happy to see me. After all, it's been what, twenty years?"

Stevie was in disbelief how nonchalant Lindsey acted and she opened her mouth to answer him, but Joe squeezed her hand and she agreed, it's not worth it. Instead, she faced Mick. "Are we starting from the top of the set list or are we picking up where we left of?"

"I, uh, well we could continue on from where we stopped the last time." Mick didn't think she was going to blatantly ignore Lindsey.

The rehearsal seemed to had taken a lot longer than usually. By the time the band called it a day, Lindsey wasn't with them anymore. He stayed around for a few songs, but it was clear to him that he was wanted there. He tried catching Stevie's attention several times, but he was unsuccessful. Lindsey also couldn't stand being in the same room as Joe Walsh. It was his own fault and he knew it. If 1986 hadn't happened, maybe it would be he, who married Stevie, maybe they would have had a daughter together and maybe he would be getting ready to leave for a worldwide Fleetwood Mac tour.

"Stevie?" Mick caught her before she left.

"What is it?" She asked, arms crossed and he knew she was angry.

"The whole Lindsey thing..."

"Yeah, what about it?" She raised an eyebrow, waiting for whatever Mick had to say.

"Well, I'm sorry. I asked him to come and I thought you two were okay."

"Okay? When were we supposed to become okay with each other, when he and I haven't talked for two decades?" Stevie raised her voice, feeling Joe coming up from behind.

"Are you ready to go home?" He asked.

"Yes, I want nothing more than to get the hell out of here!" Lacing her fingers with Joe's, Stevie glared at Mick for a moment until he was out of her sight.

My plan's probably not going to work out..., Mick thought to himself, exhaling heavily.