18

"Radley?" Wanda asked looking up at me from her position, kneeling beside Pietro.

I slowly looked up to meet her gaze, I swallowed thickly.

She jumped to her feet and ran to hug me.

I went completely tense when she hugged me.

She let out a strangled sounding sob as I slowly returned the embrace. I wasn't sure how, but Pietro managed to get up and join in.

"Dip shit," I muttered in his ear, he gave a watery laugh.

Memories of dragging Pietro out of fights or finishing them for him flashed through my mind, as did many sleepless nights and scavenging for food. Giving it all to the twins.

"Sorry to break up your moment, but it's fixing to start storming and we still haven't gotten to the base yet," Tony said, sounding awkward.

I shifted into a red-tail hawk and took to the sky, acting as a lookout.

I flew many circles around the base, I was confused that there were no guards around it.

I soared to the ground and shifted into a kangaroo rat and hopped into the vents.

I hopped around, noting all the turns I took, and stopped when I heard voices. "-a fucking t-rex man. How did they get a t-rex?" I heard someone say exasperatedly.

"They must've gotten ahold of the Hell Hound, he's gone rogue, put that in the files. You all remember his reset, yes?" I heard another say.

I took off before I could hear anymore. The reset code worked half of the time, but it always hurt more than any pain I had ever felt.

As soon as I was outside and in the cover of the trees, I shifted into a cheetah. I ran full speed, eventually hitting someone's legs, causing us both sprawling.

"Radley!" I heard Clint say.

Natasha was helping Thor off of the ground.

I was taking quick breaths, I slowly managed to shift into my human form, that was when I realized I was having another panic attack.