1

I was driving down a highway in Kentucky when he made it known he was awake.

I had been on the way back to the base, but I had orders that he needed to be unconscious until we were at least within a mile of the base.

We were three.

I pulled over the car and got out, he went silent.

I walked silently to the trunk and put the key into the slot, moving to my position on top of the car.

After a few moments, the trunk was thrown open and my target leapt out. He was momentarily confused until he turned around to see me perched on top of the car with a knife in my hands.

I took note that he'd escaped his binds as he launched himself at me.

I jumped over him and kicked behind his knee, forcing him to kneel.

He flipped over and swept a leg out, causing me to fall as he jumped on top of me, "Why did you kidnap me?" He demanded, an arm pinning my hands.

I kneed him in the stomach and threw him off, flipping up to get to my feet.

I turned to face him as he got up, he saw me coming and he got into a defensive position.

I was a short distance away before they activated the collar around my neck.

I fell to my knees with a muffled scream as I convulsed on the ground, completely throwing off the target. It stopped after a moment, the shocks left me gasping for air.

"Uhmm... Are you okay?" The target asked as he kneeled beside me.

"What's your name?" He asked after I didn't answer the previous one.

"An asset," I took a heavy breath before finishing, "has no name."

He completely froze after I'd said that.