Chapter 33: Birthday Treats that Kick Eats

May 29, 1957 Jack's birthday

Jack awoke to the familiar smell of pancakes. A peaceful smile crossed his face, his eyes still closed one would think he was having a good dream.

He debated getting up as he didn't have work that day, but decided he seriously needed to before those pancakes got cold.

He hurried downstairs and sat at the table next to Bella in her booster seat just as Jackie brought in two platters one had a singular pancake and the other had 4 on top of another with whipped cream and two candles atop of them reading 4 0.

"Happy birthday to you." Jackie sang under her breath as she placed the 4 pancakes in front of her husband.

It had completely slipped his mind it was his birthday, he'd declined going to Hyannis Port for his birthday two months ago so it had hit him just now.

Jack kissed his wife.

"Thank you kid."

"Of course Bunny." she muttered.

Jack dug into his birthday breakfast, all the while smiling at his wife.

Half way through he heard a still unfamiliar voice say,"Da." he looked at the ground and saw Kick.

"Hey Kickers."

She said,"Da!" again.

She'd said her second word,"Da!" two days ago and now said it even more then,"Ma!" as she seemed to be praised even more.

Jack picked up his younger daughter and placed her on his lap and attempted to feed her a bit of pancake and whipped cream.

Kick hesitantly licked the whipped cream and as soon as her tongue touched it her eyes lit up and she licked all of the whipped cream off the pancake, Jack tried to feed her the pancake but Kathleen Agnes Kennedy was having nothing of it.

She crawled onto the table from Jack's lap and started lapping up whipped cream like a dog.

"Kick!" Jack said, more suprised then angry.

He pulled his daughter down from the table despite her glare at him.

Bella had paused taking small bites out of her pancake to watch the display.

"Da what" she asked.

"Nothing Bella." he said.