Chapter 16

WARNING:

This chapter has a lot of things to do with depression and self-harm. As well as abuse so be forwarned. If you are sensitive to topics like these don't read them, please./

A/N

I have been working on this for a while but I haven't had a lot of time at one time to work on it because I am taking an extra class. Sorry. I will update as much as I possibly can.

Dong-min's POV

I excuse myself from the table. I paid at the desk and walked to the room nervously. I texted Minhyuk and asked him if this was really the right thing to do. of course, he said that it was before, but I was so nervous and I started second guessing myself. I had the maids help me arrange candles into a heart and fill balloons in the shape of hearts. They leave when I finish paying them. I sit in the heart and text Bin. 

When I hear his key opening the door, I grab the bouquet of 99 roses. I take a knee and held out the ring with the roses at my feet. When he walks in he is shocked and what he sees.

"Bin, I know that we haven't been together long but we have been through high and low and I just want to spend the rest of my life with you. And I know that when we get married the government won't see it as legitimate but I don't care. I just want to be able to call you my husband. I want to be able to call you mine.

"Will you marry me?"

He simply nods and falls into my arms. I smile and kiss his forehead lightly. 

He lies against my chest as he stares at his ring. I play with his hair and he soon puts his hand down, taking my hand in the process. I rub the back of his hand with my thumb and soon his breathing evens out and I soon follow suit.

When I awoke my chest was cold. I felt on the other side of the bed and it was cold. I sat up quickly and looked around for Bin. 

There was a note on the table that said that he was out to get breakfast and he would be back soon. It said that he loved me. I smiled at this and set the paper down. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. 

When I go out, Bin was back and he had everything on the table to eat.

There was a vase with the roses I gave him and the food he bought was strategically placed on the table. I didn't care about how he presented it. As long as I was with him, I was the happiest man I could be. 

I sat down to eat and my phone starts ringing. I try ignoring it so that I could have a nice breakfast with Bin but it kept reading. I sighed and apologized to Bin and I picked up my phone. Before I was even able to say "hello", my dad is yelling at me for getting engaged to Bin. Apparently, Sanha can't keep his god damn mouth quiet. That little twarp. 

"You little cunt! Do you even know who Bin is? Don't you know that he is a guy!?!?" 

"Yes, I do. And I also know that I love him! He is someone who has shown me more love than you did in my entire life. All you ever do is yell at me. All you ever do is make me feel useless.you make me feel like I am nothing. Like you don't even care about me!"

"How dare you talk to me like that! Do you know what I did for you?"

"Yes! I do know what you did for me. Nothing! you have done nothing for me all of my life! You are a selfish asshole who doesn't know how to be nice to their own damn child! You left me and Mom to fend for ourselves for no god damn reason other than you are a selfish asshole!"

At that point, I am shaking with rage and end up throwing my phone into a wall. Bin comes up and wraps his arms around my waist hesitantly. I calm down almost instantly. I hug him and break down crying. He rubs my back.

~20 minutes later~

I have since calmed down and we finished eating. We cleaned up the broken glass from my phone and we are checking out. I told them about the hole in the wall and I paid for the repair costs. When we drive home, he is oddly quiet. 

"Are you okay?" I ask, concerned.

"Hmm? Oh. Yeah. I'm fine," He says sounding anything but fine. 

"Please tell me the truth."

He sighs and shakes his head. I take his hand in my one free hand and squeeze it slightly. 

I feel bad. I scared him when I threw my phone. I pull over the car and he looks at me, confused. I kiss his cheek and he smiles. 

"I'm sorry for scaring you when I threw my phone."

"It's not that. It's about your dad. I'm scared of what he will do."

"He can't even do anything. He doesn't have any parental access by law. My mom has full custody. Besides mom wouldn't let anything happen. I promise that I will protect you no matter what happens. "

He smiles and hugs me the best he can with his seatbelt on. 

"I love you Dongmin. No matter what happens."

"I love you too."

I pull back on the road and we head back to my house. 

~2 hours later~

We ended up going to the beach. We sat on the beach and watched the sunset together. Just the two of us. We were happy. We were together. There is nothing else I could think of at the moment. Not my broken phone, not my schooling, nothing.  He is my entire world.

His phone starts ringing, ruining the moment. It is my mom. 

"Hello, mother?" he says.

He listens to what she says and responds, "no, he broke his phone on accident."

After a while, he says, "yes. We will head home now."

He hangs up and looks at me apologetically. 

"It's okay. We should probably go home anyways."

He nods and we get up and head to the car. He insists on driving this time so he gets in the driver's seat and I in the passenger. 

When we get home, I see that there is a car other than my mom's and the members'. Confused, I get out of the car and Bin and I walk to the door. When we walk in, Bin is instantly hit with a tissue box. This pisses me off to no end. 

"What the hell?!" I yell.

"It is your own damn fault for being a fucking fagot!" my dad screamed.

"What?! What the fuck are you doing here? You have zero say over anything I do with my life! You know why? Let me think-"

I was cut off by pain in my left cheek.