18.

EH: Connor

EH: connor Connor Connor

CM<3: ? ? ? ?

EH: sooo you know how you have a moleskin sketchbook
EH: and I have a moleskin notebook

EH: I kinda have your sketchbook and I really hope you have my journal because I can't find it anywhere so if you were wondering I accidentally took yours so if you were wondering I didn't look at anything when I put two and two together I'm so sorry!!

CM<3: oh that's chill

CM<3: yeah I was flipping that pages and saw your handwriting so yeah we can give eachother the right one soon

EH: did you read anything??

CM<3: I read a page about the striped maple tree and how to identify it

CM<3: you are adorably dorky

EH: oh thanks <3

EH: I can go over to your house now if you want and give you yours my mom is out at class still

CM<3: that would be great! How long could you stay?

EH: I just have to be back before midnight and I'm all set

CM<3: then get your ass over here and we can be gay and cuddle

EH: sounds like a plan

CM<3: <3

EH: be there in a couple minutes!! <3

Evan slid his phone back in his pocket and took a deep breath. Okay, so he maybe looked at Connor's sketches. He even saw one of him in there, which was pretty flustering.

He pulled on a hoodie and grabbed the sketchbook from the table and headed out of his room with a quick pace, gently jogging through the empty house and locking the door behind him.

He arrived shortly after three minutes and rang the doorbell, expecting Connor or Zoe but was faced with Larry, their father.

"Oh, hello Evan," he said a little surprised, smiling quickly. "Connor didn't mention you coming over."

Evan just shrugged and have a curled lip smile, leg bouncing slightly even as he stood.

"Is that Evan?!" He heard Connor's voice echo from the stairwell.

"Yes!" Larry shouted back into the house.

Evan heard the sound of thumping and crashing and saw Connor, wild eyed and hair'd appear at the door, slightly breathless and holding his elbow.

"Hey Ev," he chuckled as he tried to catch his breath.

Evan waved to him and stuck the sketchbook in his arms, looking at Connor with a small smile.

"Wanna chill in my room for a little?" Connor offered, taking the sketchbook and Evan's hand, pulling him into the house.

Evan nodded happily and was tugged up the stairs and down the familiar hallway.

The door was closed behind them and locked, just in case. Evan loved the comfort of Connor's room. It seemed to be getting prettier and prettier each time he visited.

"Are you like, fluent is sign language?" Connor asked, plopping down on his bed.

Evan followed him and sat next to him, motioning more or less.

"Okay, can we try to have a conversation in sign language?" Connor asked, a hopeful tint in his voice. "I'm still a little rusty but I've been studying."

Evan smiled and felt his face heat up. Connor relearned sign language?

Evan started to sign, OK.

Connor smiled and nodded.

Evan sighed quickly, middle fingers down to his shoulders in a weird motion, saying what's up?

Connor smiled a little. Nothing. You?

Evan silently giggled at Connor's slow focus, making stiff movements and slightly mouthing the words as he signed. He formed more words. Pretend we just met. What's your name?

Connor nodded along and started to try to remember the alphabet from there to help him.

>>>>

After an hour or so practicing sign language, Connor starting to speak verbally again. Evan chuckled softly.

He quickly signed to Connor, what made you learn ASL?

Connor smiled faintly.

"It's a long story, but I can tell you," Connor shrugged, a small chuckle in his voice. "Okay, well I knew a sign language for a year, and then I stopped learning and applying. That year I toured a deaf kid around since nobody else knew any sign language, and I was super bad at it anyway."

Evan chuckled a little.

"But I relearned it last year following into this year," Connor explained, smiling wider and cheeks glowing a bright pink., "because I heard that you couldn't talk. It's sappy and cliché, I know."

Evan just smiled wider and latched onto Connor in a tight hug.

He pulled away quickly and made the love symbol with his hand and pressed it against Connor's chest, smiling widely and blushing madly.

"I love you too, Evan," Connor chuckled, bring Evan in for a small, sweet kiss.

---

Sorry if this is shitty school started up!! It was fun though I actually am one of those weird saps that loves school!

Please vote and comment so I know to keep updating!!