24.

Evan slowly woke up, head on Connor's chest, hearing his steady heartbeat thump in his ear. One arm was tingling asleep and his legs were trapped in a tangled mess with Connor's, as usual when they share a bed.

He groaned softly and shifted more to the side, looking up at Connor who was fully awake already.

"G'mornin'," Connor chuckled and brushed Evan's mess of hair away from his face.

Evan smiled back warmly and nuzzled a little more into Connor's neck. He was so tired and Connor was so nice to sleep next to. He radiates enough body heat to keep you cozy and he smelled sweet and his breathing was deep but at the same time shallow so you could just barely hear the soft snoring.

Evan loved sleeping next to Connor.

Evan loved Connor.

He wanted to say it to him somehow.

"Evan?" Connor asked, voice low and a little raspy while still having the sweetness remain. "You look confused. Anything bothering you?"

Evan shook his head gently. He wiggled his arms out from the clump they formed for a comfy sleep, and started to quickly twirl some signs together, saying do you want to go for a walk?

"Yeah, let's get dressed first," Connor chuckled softly, pulling himself from Evan and stretching up. Evan did the same, going over to his closet.

"Can I borrow a shirt?" Connor asked, having slept in the shirt he came to the house with.

Evan nodded and smiled, filing through the shirts in his closet, pulling off an old, baggy red flannel for Connor and an old Life is Good hoodie for himself. He tossed Connor the flannel and slipped of his own shirt, accidentally dropping the hoodie for a moment, but slipping it on quickly and changing into skinny jeans.

Connor got changed too, wiggling himself in his black ripped jeans and Evan's oversized shirt.

"Lets go," Connor chirped happily, gently grabbing Evan's hand and tugging him out of the room.

They walked straight outside, Heidi being already at work.

The cold breeze sent shivers down their backs, huddling together as they walked. Connor's arm snaked around Evan's waist, which Evan responded by leaning more into Connor as they walked.

"So, what's up?" Connor chuckled. "Any reason for the walk or is it just a walk?"

Evan shrugged shyly, leaning a bit more into Connor. Evan walked a little bit faster, Connor doing the same for a little before Evan stopped.

Evan breathily chuckled, grabbing Connor's hand and leading him down the path he was already lead down before. They approached the perfect climbing tree, Evan largely motioning for Connor to follow him up the tree.

Evan basically threw himself to grab the branches, agilely swinging and grabbing different branches, stopping at a large branch to wait for Connor.

Connor was a little slower and didn't have nearly as much upper body strength as Evan did. Evan climbed trees all the time, ever since he was little. He used to climb the highest trees and greeet every bug that crawled across the branches or on his clothes, wave to the birds passing by and enjoying the sight. Connor had only climbed a tree about four times in his life, now five.

Evan gave him a hand getting to the last branch, having him sit next to him.

"What's up, Ev?" Connor asked, voice still soft and gentle.

Evan took a deep breath, clicking his pen and rolling up his sleeve.

Are you up for coming out to Jared? I want to do something but I'm not sure if I should before people know about us, is that okay?

Connor read it twice, as usual.

"Yeah!" Connor chirped. "Should we all him now?"

Evan nodded happily before writing again on his arm.

He deserves to know and I know he's super supportive. Plus he probably already expects it he's always on my case about asking you out.

Connor giggled. "Dude, he keeps being up my gay crush on you without knowing it's actually hilarious."

Evan smiled and chuckled softly.

"Do you want me to call him up and let him know to come over here?"

Evan nodded again, watching as Connor pulled the phone out of his left back pocket, dialing the memorized number.

Two rings was all it took.

"Woah hey Connor," Jared called, seemingly far away from his phone because of how light his voice was.

"Hey Jared," Connor said, smiling a little. "Wanna come over to Evan's? I'm there too, by the way."

"Yeah sure," Jared said, a little more chipper than he initially was. "I'll be right over!"

"Sweet. See you then," Connor chuckled, waiting for the goodbye.

"Rad, bye Connor," Jared said, hanging up the call.

Connor turned to Evan with a wide smile.

"This is it. Our baby steps for everyone to know about us. You ready?" Connor asked, nudging Evan gently.

Evan nodded.

Another baby step, Evan thought to himself.

He opened his mouth slightly, trying to figure out if it was the right time.

He shrugged off the feeling, gently pulling Connor by the collar of the shirt so he was level, kissing him softly. The kiss wasn't that short, because Connor almost immediately melted into it and started to kiss back with skill. They kissed a lot, so now Connor really knew how far Evan would take it and how to move with his mouth.

Connor's hand slowly moved, pushing up Evan's hair and taking his fingers gently through the knots. Evan smiled a bit more into the kiss, which made it a little harder, but it was fine by Connor.

Connor loved at Evan was being more confident lately. It was especially obvious when Evan grabbed his ass, making him accidentally bite his tongue.

"We should get back in time for Jared," Connor reminded Evan as they slowly broke the kiss.

Evan nodded again, jumping down from the tree branch, that was only around two yards off of the ground, so he aimed to land on his side and rolled to his feet after, but Connor was climbing down slowly while Evan waited in the ground.

They walked back the short distance, leaning into eachother again.

---

IM A DAY LATE PLEASE FORGIVE ME IM A SUFFERING HONORS STUDENT WHOS PROCASTINATING LITERALLY EVERYTHING

Please vote and comment and stuff!!