"Can you eat something for me? I ordered you some soup, if you're up to eating." He looked at me, with concern-filled eyes and spoke so tenderly.

"I don't have an appetite yet, but could I have some water?" I managed to ask.

"I filed the papers today to contest the validity of John McKay's claim to Liliana. We're meeting with a judge in his chambers, tomorrow. I called in a few favors. Everything is going to work out. I also filed a restraining order against him. We're literally on the case." Brandon smiled at me and squeezed my hand, reassuringly.

I so hope he's right. . . I wonder what everyone in the office is thinking? Alex, had to carry me to his office.

"I have a Board meeting, we pushed back until we handled all of this important business. Will you be alright in my office by yourself? My secretary, Barbara, will be in to check if you need anything until I get back." Alex bent down and gave me a quick kiss before he left.

I saw my cellphone and decided to call Mrs. Corwin. I needed to speak to Liliana. I had put the picture of me, Liliana, and Alex on my screensaver and home screen. We stood there so proudly at her kindergarten graduation. I wanted that family, more than Liliana did at this point.

I rubbed my hand over the photo, and it brought a genuine smile to my face. I decided not to call and get Mrs. Corwin upset. How did we get from that day, to today? Everything happened so fast. I can't believe I met Alex, three months ago. That was the day Avalon and Chance, got engaged at the Macy's Flower Show. I was so shy around him, but Liliana took to him right away.

Flashback. . .

Avalon, Liliana, and I, met up with Alex and Chance in the lobby of The Macy's Flower Show at Herald Square. I could tell Avalon was nervous about seeing Chance, and how I would be around Alex, a total stranger.

"Megan and Liliana, how nice to see you again. This is my brother,  Alex." Chance introduced us.

"It's my pleasure to meet you two ladies. Avalon, it's nice to see you again. It's been a while." Alex was very friendly with everyone.

"It's nice to see you as well, Alex. Why don't we get started, we have a lot to see." Avalon was very gracious with Alex. I was wondering how things would be, considering all that had taken place, with his family and Avalon.

"Megan and Liliana, would you mind showing me around? This is my first time
here." Alex was charming and disarmed me.

"Can we show Mr. Alex around, mommy?" Liliana's eyes beamed up at me, with a bright smile and her missing front tooth.

"Sure, will you two be okay by yourselves?" I asked Avalon nervously. I wasn't enthusiastic about going with Alex, by myself. I am shy around strangers.

"We'll be fine, and we'll get to chat. You go with Alex. Liliana seems to like him." Avalon's eyes twinkled. Now, I had no choice after her reply.

End of Flashback. . .

Could Alex grow to love us, and want us to be his family? It's a lot to ask. He's a sought after bachelor, not looking to get married. And probably not seeking a ready made family. I know I'm dreaming, to even think that would be possible.

Yet, sometimes I get the feeling that he thinks of us as his family, already. He's never said it, but his actions speak it.

There was a knock at the door. "Come in." I hope I was heard.

"Hi, Miss Kennedy. You had us all so worried, when we saw Mr. Corwin carrying you into his office. I called and had the doctor come up, right away. Do you need or want anything?"  Barbara, came over and gingerly sat next to me on the sofa.

"You can call me, Megan. I can only imagine the uproar, that must have occurred seeing Alex carrying me into his office. Apparently, I had blacked out. I'm fine for now, but thank you for checking on me." I hugged her, she was so sweet.

"No problem at all, Megan. Mr. Corwin confidentiality shared your situation, with a few of us. He was frantic under today's circumstances and all of the commotion. He really cares very deeply for you and your daughter. . . . I can tell. Liliana must be a special little girl and you are one fortunate lady to have, Alex Corwin." Barbara seemed embarrassed to reveal that last tidbit.

"Barbara, do you really think he cares deeply for me and my daughter?" I was talking to her like she was my therapist, and held the answer to my question in the palm of her hand.

"Are you kidding? I work with, and for both Corwin brothers. I think I know them pretty well. Alex cares for you more than you know. Trust me, the way he carried you like precious cargo, and gently laid you down on the sofa in his office. He yelled, for me to call the doctor and he kept rubbing your hand and your face. He was whispering your name in your ear, hoping you would hear him. He looked like a man in love." She got up, patted my hand, and gave me a knowing wink. She left me in the office to ponder her statement.

Could Barbara be right? Could I dare to believe that Alex cares for me more than I know? Could he be in love with me?

~Don't Forget To Vote/Comment~❤️