Archived Temporary Notes

Start from the beginning

-Narcisse Navarre

Temporary Note #10 - Friday, March 23, 2018

Oops!

Today we discovered a continuity error in the chronology of our chapters. Posting our novel one week at a time on Wattpad has helped us find this glitch.

The arc covered by the most recently published chapters: Let the Games Begin, The Elegy, and Unfinished Stanzas reads well sequentially because they are interconnected. However, there are two unpublished chapters which contain events which chronologically coincide with those chapters that need to precede them.

Narcisse and I discussed unpublishing The Elegy and Unfinished Stanzas until the new chapters were ready, but we agree that doing so will only create confusion. We feel it is better to add the missing sections as soon as possible.

For those of you who are up to date, we encourage you to go back and reread the inserted chapters once they go live.

The correct sequence will be:

• The Games Begin

• Through the Thicket (Coming soon)

• The Elegy

• A Tale of Two Guards (Coming soon)

• Unfinished Stanzas

Last but not least, we have a new art commission in progress! Check it out. 

(Artwork by Agata Fiszer)

Thank you for your support. We love your comments and feedback!

-Marzio and Narcisse

Temporary Note #9- Friday, February 2nd, 2018

Yes, many consider Groundhog's Day a silly tradition (and superstition) but in this day and age, we need frivolity and humor more than ever.

If you are unfamiliar with the tradition, it goes something like this: German settlers in North America brought many traditions with them. One holiday was Candlemass, which in itself is an iteration of a much older holiday known as Imbolc. The holiday falls midway between Winter Solstice (the darkest day of the year) and Spring Equinox (when day and night are of equal length). It marks the turning point from Winter toward Spring. The superstition states that if the weather is fair, there will be six more weeks bad winter weather. If the weather is cloudy and bad, spring will arrive early. In Germany, the prophetic animal was the badger, whereas in America (and Canada) that responsibility falls to the groundhog (marmota monax).

The earliest mention of the groundhog as winter forecaster was in a diary written by James L. Morris of Morgantown, Pennsylvania on February 2, 1840. The first news article about the event was published by the Punxsutawney Spirit newspaper in 1886. A year later, Groundhog's Day became an official holiday.