Chapter 8

Monday ng hapon. Dumaan muna ako sa C.R bago umuwi. There, I saw Mikaelle fixing her make up. I can't help myself to glanced at her on the corner of my eye. I think this is my chance so I followed her secretly.

She went to a recording studio. Then to an unknown house. Tumingin muna siya sa paligid bago siya pumasok sa loob. Wala akong nagawa kundi maghintay sa parking lot. Why do I had a feeling na isa itong sikretong lugar. Biglang nag-ring ang phone ko. Oops. Nalimutan kong i-silent. I quickly turned it off. Sumilip si Mikaelle sa may bintana so I lowered my head on the car where I'm hiding. After almost an hour of waiting, I saw Mikaelle exiting the door with a middle age woman. Her face is somewhat familiar.

"Maraming salamat mama."

Mama. I gasped. Bakit nya tinawag na mama yun? Kilala ko ang mukha ni mommy. Pinakita na yun sa akin ni Jeon through pictures. Wait, did she just called it mama? Not mommy. Is she her biological mother?

The car left. I need to know who's that woman.

********

School Hall way.

May nakita akong batang lalaking palakad lakad. I think he's playing along the age of 6 or 7. He's school uniform is neatly tucked in his pants and he has a pair of shiny shoes. His hair was fixed by gel. How cute. Pero, anong ginagawa niya dito sa high school department?

"Hey little young man." I waved.

His eyebrow raised.

"Are you lost?"

"Kyonn is not lost and sorry Miss but he don't talk to stranger."

I chuckled. "I'm Luna."

He tilted his head.

"Look. You're not supposed to be in here. This is a high school department area. Kapag nakita ka ng guard paaalisin ka niya."

"But Kyonn is looking for Lame."

"Lame?"

"Yes. Lame."

"Is that a name?"

He nodded.

I started laughing. What a poor name.

"Are you going to help Kyonn or not?"

"Oops. Sorry. Come on. Let's find him."

My, my. He has a very long patience.

*****

He said his name is Kyonn Evans so I started asking few students if they know a name Lame Evans but they'd just shook their head and laughed. I can't blame them. His name is rare. I can feel na nagsisimula ng mainip si Kyonn. His eyebrows kept furrowed and he ocassionally sighed.

Napadaan kami sa school gymn kaya nagtanong na din kami.

That's when a familiar guy came. "Kyonn. What are you doing here?"

"Lame!" I laughed. I think I'm having a stomachache today.

Lake poke his forehead. "It's Kuya."

Kyonn touched his forehead and groaned. "Kyonn have coloring assignment so Lame-" Lake poke his forehead again as he mouthed the word 'kuya'.

"Kuya have to accompany him to the bookstore to buy crayons." Kyonn continued as he groaned again.

I chuckled. This brothers are cute. I smiled. Masarap sigurong magkaroon ng kapatid.

Lake coughed taking my attention. Tapos na pala silang mag-usap.

"Oh hi Lame-I mean, Lake."

''Kilala mo ko?'

I shrugged. "You're pretty popular."

He smiled. "And you are?"

"Luna Ainsley."

"Nice meeting you Luna. Sorry kung naabala ka niya and thank you for accompanying him."

"No problem."

"Do you still have classes?"

"No. I'm about to go home."

"Perfect. Would you like to come with us to the mall?"

"Huh?"

"Gusto ko lang sanang i-treat ka. Parang pasasalamat na din."

I smiled. "Sure."

******

After namin bumili ng crayons, we headed to the Mcdonalds. Kyonn loves Mcdo too. Just got lucky.

I ordered my usual order and eat happily. I felt Lake gazed on me.

"What?"  I asked while finishing my cheeseburger.

He shook his head and smiled. "You just remind me of someone." He sipped his sprite.

"Who?"

He tilted his head. "You don't know her."

I shrugged. "You miss her?"

He paused and nodded slowly.

"Lame hesitated." Kyonn said earning a poke from Lake.

"Kuya."

Kyonn raised his hands for surrender. "Can Kyonn have that?" He pointed the cheeseburger.