87

Eve POV

Harry is upstairs doing whatever and I'm in the kitchen still debating on going upstairs to talk to him. Usually when we argue, we give each other space. But, I feel bad and I don't want him to be mad at me.

I see Avery in the backyard still with the dogs. I open the screen door and step out on the porch. My arms cross over my chest and I bite my lower lip by how chilly it got outside. "Hi Mommy!" I hear my daughter say causing me to smile.

She runs over to me with the dogs. Max stands besides Avery who stands in front of me. "Having fun?" I ask her.

"Yes," She says with a smile. I look up at the clouds and see they're turning dark.

"It looks like it's going to rain," I say. "Can you play inside?" I ask.

"Okay," Avery says. Her dimples appear on her rosy cheeks making me smile. She steps into the house along with the dogs.

I lock the back door and see Avery walking towards the den. As she's going to the den, I put the dirty mugs and dishes into the sink from breakfast.

I debate to clean them, but decide against it because Rose will be here very soon. I walk upstairs, and see Harry walking down. His car keys are in his hand making my eyebrows knot.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"The restaurant," He answers. Harry keeps walking down the rest of my stairs, and I follow him.

"It's Saturday though," I say behind him.

"I haven't been there since Tuesday," He says while putting on his shoes. His voice sounds tense by talking to me.

"We made a promise that weekends we both don't work," I bring up, causing Harry to sigh loudly.

"One weekend won't matter," Harry mumbles. My eyes look at him and his face just proves he already looks annoyed by talking to me. 

"I'm sorry," I say. "I was out of line a-and I should've taken your word," Harry looks unconvinced because he's still giving me that same look. "I shouldn't have taken any of my anger out on you, none of what happened is your fault and I know that. I was just angry a-and sad. I'm sorry,"

"Okay," He says simply, which makes me frown. "Anything else?"

"I love you," I say. "And I'm sorry for what I said," I add.

"Okay," Harry says. He grabs his wallet on the table and puts it in his pocket. Avery walks over to where we are. She has her teddy bear against her chest and she looks a bit confused.

"Daddy where are you going?" Our daughter asks with a tilted head.

"I'm checking up on the restaurant real quick," His voice turns happy and soft compared to when he was talking to me a few moments ago.

"I don't want you to go though," Ava pouts. 

"Would you like to come with me?" Harry asks her. You can hear the tapping sound of rain hitting the house now.  

"It's raining, Daddy," Avery says while looking at him with sad eyes. "Can you just stay home with Mommy and I?" She asks while tugging at his hand. He kneels down in front of our daughter and strokes down her brown curls. 

"I will, okay?" A smile creeps onto her lips and her arms wrap around his neck. 

They soon walk into the den and I stand in the foyer. I fix his keys and wallet that he put on the table and make sure they're straight and lined up fine. After that I walk upstairs, oddly enough Max follows me.

***

Dinner was silent between Harry and I. We didn't talk or anything, which made me feel more bad. 

It's ten o'clock now and we're in bed. He's on his side facing the other way, and I'm staring at him. I move closer to Harry until my head rests on his shoulder. My arm goes around his body and I intertwine our lets together.

"I'm not in the mood," I hear him say.

"You're always in the mood to cuddle," I defend with a slight frown.

"Right now I'm not," Harry says making my heart pinch.

"But you said being the little spoon is your favorite," I bring up while holding him more tightly.

"I told you to never mention that," He groans at my previous sentence. 

"I said I was sorry," I repeat in a low murmur. 

"I know," My husband says causally.

"Then why are you still mad at me?" I ask through a huff.

"Aren't you the girl who said the words I'm sorry and I love you need to be proven rather than said?" He says making my eyes roll.

"Well, it's usually always the other way around so I don't know what to do to make you not mad," I say honestly making him move out of my hold. "I'm being honest. If anything you're always annoyed at me and never mad,"

"Goodnight Eve," Harry dismisses our conversation. 

"I love you," I say. He remains silent. "I could die in my sleep, you know. And you'll regret not saying back." 

"Love you too," My husband says through a loud sigh. I pinch his thigh making him squirm. "Why did you do that? I said it,"

"You said love you, not I love you," I say.

"Take what you can get," My husband says through a mumble. I frown more.

I go back to my side of the bed a lay down. I didn't know what I said would actually make him that mad. I was just trying to be honest and say how I feel and or thought. 

I don't like him mad at me. That's all I learned today. 

Our bedroom door creaks open and I see it's Avery. She has her blanket around her small body and she climbs into bed with us. Her body is in the middle of the mattress, and Harry turns around and faces Ava. He kisses the top of her head and she cuddles her body into him. 

I smile gently then go lay on my side. I close my eyes and bring the blankets up to my chin. 

A://N

hiiiiiiiiii

CEO has 300k reads!!! thank you so much omfgggggggg

comment goal: 60???

~lauren