79

Eve POV

It's November 11th and Harry and I are packing for our ride to upstate New York, which is where Liam's wedding to going to be.

We're planning on going to the hotel tonight so we're not in a rush in the morning, especially with Avery. She can get really fussy when she sees Harry and I rushing around and stuff.

I zipper my suitcase and lay my dress that's in a plastic on top. Avery's bag of her things are beside mine and Harry is finishing up putting his things away. 

It's eight o'clock now and our daughter is sleeping on our mattress. Max is beside her and Lucy is on her other side. My Dad offered to take care of the dogs for us as we're away.

"Ready to go?" I ask my boyfriend who puts is suitcase on the floor.

"Yep," He says.

"I'll drive there," I say before he offers. The reason why I want to drive is because we're going over a bridge, at night, going to a wedding, and I don't want him to get overwhelmed or anything.

"You sure?" Harry asks me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yep," I say with a gentle smile. 

***

Avery is in her carrier in the back and Harry sits beside her because she won't let go of his hand. The AC is on a little because I get hot easily. It's nine at night now, and it's really dark. 

No one is on the road, which is a good thing because I'm not really a big fan of driving at night. I make a left down a road and keep driving. I don't even know what hotel Harry booked for us, all he said is that it's not cheap looking, so that's all I'm going by.

I look through the mirror and look to Harry who's in the backseat. His eyes are looking at Ava who's sound asleep. I smile gently and look forward. I see the bridge coming up, causing me to bite my lip out of nervously. I hope his eyes stay on our daughter and not the bridge we're about to go over. 

But of course he looks out the window. We're not going over it yet, but we're close. "Can you roll down your window?" I hear his voice ask me. I nod and roll down the windows. I turn off the AC.

I hear Avery cry in her carrier by the nose of the wind from the window being open. I glance in the mirror again and see Harry take her out of her carrier and put her on his lap. His seat belt is unbuckled and my teeth are biting down on my lip harshly now. I feel like he's going to have a panic attack soon or something. 

"Eve, can um uh, unbuckle your seat belt," He pauses for a moment. "please," Harry adds. 

I don't argue him or question . I do, then put both my hands on the wheel. We're going over the bridge now and all I can focus on is Harry and what is going through his mind.

I look through the mirror again and see his teeth biting down on his lip and his hold on Avery looks protective. Her head is pressed against his chest and she looks to be asleep again. I can hear his breaths are sharp which makes my eyes sting.

"Do you want me to pullover?" I ask my boyfriend. 

He doesn't say anything. Harry just nods, and I obey. I pull over to the side of the rode, off of the bridge and put the car in park.

"Are you okay?" I ask. Harry remains silent which makes me worry. He puts Avery down in her carrier then gets out of the car. 

I do as well, and silently close the door. It's humid out tonight, so I put the AC on for Ava who's still in the car.

I walk over to Harry who has his hands on his knees and has his eyes screwed shut. My hand goes on his lower back and I rub small circles.

We've been on bridges before, I don't know why this one is getting to him. 

Harry soon stands up straight and tugs his hand through his curly brown hair. He turns around, but doesn't look at me. His eyes are bloodshot which makes my heart ache. 

His eyes are on the bridge. 

"Was that the..." I travel off because he nods 'yes' to my question.

I wrap my arms around his body and slowly feel him hug back. His hands feel shaky against my back and I swallow the lump in my throat. I hate seeing him like this, I always have, and always will.

I break away from our hug a little and see his eyes look scared and sad. I lean up and kiss his cheek. "Lets get to the hotel, yeah? You can relax there and uh, calm down," I come up with. All I know is him being here isn't good.

"I feel sick," Harry says to me. 

"Take deep breaths. You're working yourself up," I say. My hand is holding his and my eyes are looking at him. His eyes are on the water still. "Looking at the water won't help,"

His eyes look to the end of the bridge, around where we are and stares at the dirt that has some water washed on it. His eyes break off of his surroundings and, he looks to me. His eyes meet mine and all I feel is his arms wrap around me.

I hug back and let him cry into me. It's a hard cry which makes my heart break. 

***

We made it to the hotel by eleven that night. Avery is sleeping peacefully, as she always does, and Harry is looking up at the ceiling. I lean over and kiss his cheek. His fingers lock with mine and his head rests next to mine. I drape my arm over his body and kiss his neck. "I love you," I say to him.

"I love you too," Harry responds. His voice is soft, and gentle. I continue looking at him until his eyes close. I wait until he falls asleep to get comfortable in bed.

I stretch my legs out and adjust my head on my pillow. I feel Harry's head nuzzle against mine and his arms hug around me tightly. I hold onto his hand that's around me and close my eyes. "Eve?" I hear him say in a low murmur.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Please don't leave me," He says, causing my heart to ache. "I need you," 

"I won't," I say. His hold on me becomes more tight and secure. Our legs overlap and his lips touch my cheek. 

We both soon fall asleep.

A://N

i probably won't write in liams wedding bc i nothing exciting to put in lmao

comment goal: 65???

tysm for reading!

~lauren