74

Eve POV

This week, aka the first week, is when I get Avery for three days. Considering that I'm still taking over Harry's work for him. It's best if has her for the four days and I get her for three.

Anna made breakfast a while ago and I ate some of it. It's not that it isn't good, becauset it really is like always. I just have too much going on inside my head to be hungry.

I miss my daughter a lot. I know I don't see her during the day lately, but I always see her in the morning and when I get home. Now, I won't see her at all until Wednesday. How can I go another three days without seeing her? I might have to visit her at Harry's hotel because that's just too long for me.

I snap out of my thoughts and find myself rearranging forks in the drawer in the kitchen. I scold myself and soon leave the house already annoyed with myself.

***

I'm in bed now, alone. Max is beside me, so I guess I'm not really alone. But, I still feel alone.

I miss my daughter a lot. I also miss Harry, which I knew was going to happen. I just needed time apart from him, which I think is semi normal to want--or maybe not. I don't know, I'm not good at relationships, if you couldn't tell.

I rub behind my dogs ear and kiss the top of his head. His chin rests on my thigh and I smile at his actions.

Max sometimes acts like a human I swear. When I was pregnant and took naps a lot, he would rest his head on a pillow and lay down straight beside me like a person. I have so many cute photos of him doing that.

I turn off my lamp beside me and try to get comfortable in bed.

I don't like sleeping alone. Whenever I do, I wake up at three a.m, unable to fall back asleep.

I feel Max's head rest on my shoulder and I laugh. I love this dog.

Speaking of dogs I was looking at photos of Doug the other day and got emotional. More emotional than usual because I'm on my period still. I miss that snoring dog of mine.

I close my eyes shut and let out a deep breath. I'm far from relaxed because I'm starting to think this time apart was a mistake. If we ever get married we can't take breaks randomly because we have problems. But then again, I don't think he's proposing anytime soon so who knows what's normal.

***

It's day three now and I'm at Harry's office looking over contracts. After a while I got used to Harry's pattern of his work. I think I'm going to miss some of this after the week is over.

My phone beeps beside me and I see it's Harry's contact.

Harry: can we stop now

Me: stop what

Harry: living apart

Harry: I hate it

Me: we can make it another week and four days

Harry: I can't

Harry: I stopped the medicine and I'm still not happy

Harry: I'm quite sad still

Me: oh

Harry: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee