"Ok, lets go for dance practice." Samira pulled me out of the room, holding my hand.

As we moved upstairs to join the others for dance practice, I saw Kashyap watching me intently from downstairs living room.

"See I told ya!" Samira pinched me. I could feel his eyes following me giving me a weird feeling.

After rehearsing for twenty five minutes we took a break. I was talking to Samira about the dance move changes we should make, with my back facing the door, when her eyebrows went all the way up, unsuccessfully trying to warn me about the oncoming assault.

"Hey ladies, I am Kash, friend of your cousin Dilip." Kashyap sprung from behind me, finally making his move.

"Hello .. ah .. you mean cash .. like money?" I turned towards him and asked innocently, as Samira tried to suppress her laughter.

"Ha .. well ..  its Kashyap .. Kash with a 'K', however I don't mind being treated like cash, if you like it that way." He replied confidantly, bending down to whisper the last part  in my ear.

"Well Kash, how are enjoying your stay .. what can we do for you?" I asked casually, trying to dial down the temperature. He made his intentions clear and from the attitude he showed, he wasn't the shy type.

"I would like to participate in your dance program. Can I be your partner?" He asked smiling warmly and looking straight into my eyes.

"Oh God! He is handsome!" I thought inside, lost for a moment in those handsome eyes.

"Hmm .. sorry Kash, there are no partners, its a group effort." Samira replied trying to make herself visible and saving me from a long pause.

"Oh! .. no problem. I still want to participate." Kashyap replied showing his disappointment and turned towards Samira acknowledging her presence.

At the same time, I could see the victory smile in his eyes, happy that he hit the mark with me. Yes, he did. There is nothing wrong with appreciating a handsome guy in my book.

After that we got busy with our dance practice again, this time with Kash. Every chance he got, he tried to get close to me. Me and Samira managed to keep him at bay by making minor routine changes to the dance moves.

"Di .. Samy Di .. your phone. It has been vibrating for quite a while." My little cousin shouted.

I forgot to check my phone with all the drama and flirting going on with the dance routine. I rushed towards my phone and saw a ton of missed calls on my screen. Uma, my deputy and backup from office had been trying to reach me for more than an hour.

I called her immediately wondering what kind of emergency could it be. I took care of every detail before leaving for vacation and it was still Monday, the  first working day after my vacation started.

"Samy .. thanks for calling me back. I was wondering what happened  .. you always pick up your phone." Uma started blabbering without talking about the issue she was trying to reach me for.

"Uma .. chill .. I am busy here with the wedding preparations and family. What happened?"

"Shit .. I almost forgot. Sid resigned today morning. A lot is going on here. I didn't know what to do. Our CTO and CEO have been talking to convince him, but I am not sure about the current status as I am not in the loop. I was told to contact you and inform about this."

"Not good .. not good .. not good" I kept on muttering to myself as Uma explained the drama going on in the office. I knew Sid was angry with me, but I never imagined he would resign. A kind of emptiness started spreading through my heart.