Part 15

Samy's POV

The same exact moment I looked up and saw Sid's eyes flash at me, as his motorbike passed us. Since he was wearing a helmet, Michael didn't recognize him, but I saw his eyes, through the partially open visor, catching me with Michael's hand on my waist and my hand covering his hand.

The image of those two eyes, burning with hate, anger, jealousy and disgust, etched into my brain.

I wasn't prepared for it, it happened so fast that my brain blanked out.

Michael's hand was on my waist for less than thirty seconds but the potential for damage to my life felt permanent.

It was bad karma. Why should Sid show up at the exact same moment? He was already hurting because of my upcoming trip to Singapore with Michael and now this incident was like adding fuel to fire.

"I guess the Gods have written off our relationship forever. Now only a miracle could get us back together."

As I thought about Sid, a shiver ran through my body, hoping he had proper anger management skills and wouldn't do anything drastic.

I was so much looking forward to my vacation and Sasi's wedding, for having a good time, but this incident punched a hole into my enthusiasm and pushed me into depression.

I didn't feel like going to the wedding, but Sas would kill me, so that weekend, along with my family, I travelled to Bangalore for the wedding.

I promised my cousin Sasi to be there with her the entire week for her wedding and as promised I slowly started getting busy with the wedding preparations.

It became hard to sleep at night. Whenever I closed my eyes, the image of Sid's angry eyes hovered in front of me. My mind kept on replaying the incident again and again until my body and brain were tired from the ordeal.

The lack of sleep made me cranky during the day and my cousins started treating me like I had arrived from an alien planet.

My cousin Sasi introduced me to her best friend Samira .. also called as Sami by her close friends.

Me and Samira started working together on the wedding preparations. We came up with the list of songs for the Sangeet ceremony. I gathered all my cousins and along with Samira designed a dance routine.

It was Monday afternoon and I entered Sasi's room without knocking to discuss about flower arrangements for the wedding stage. As I entered in, I noticed Sasi and Samira were arguing about some topic, but they stopped talking as soon as they saw me.

Samira tried to start the discussion again, but Sasi stopped her and changed the topic. I caught her signalling Sasi with her eyes not to talk about it.

I felt bad about it as I got the feeling that they both were hiding something from me. Sasi changed the topic to the hot doctor guest, a friend of my cousin, whom everyone was talking about. His name was Kashyap.

"Sami .. everyone is saying that Kash has been asking about you. He is trying to gather personal details about you. Beware .. soon he is going to chase you." Sasi moved her eyes seductively describing about Kashyap.

"Must be the wrong Sami .. he is after Samira probably." I tapped Samira's cheeks playfully.

"Oh hai! Why is he shooting arrows at you, if he is interested in me?" Samira threw daggers at me playfully.

"Samantha .. you should consider him. He is a good catch - Smart, handsone and rich. Don't forget he is a doctor." Sasi encuraged me.

"Thanks guys, but I am not looking for any trouble right now, so let him chill." I replied as the image of Sid's angry eyes hovered in my brain.