Part 11

Samy's POV

After two days Sid returned to work.

"Hey Sid! welcome back" I heard everyone shouting.

"Thanks guys, glad to be back. What did I miss?" Sid replied as everyone gave him hugs.

"Nothing much, other than a fresh batch of new college recruits. You are really lucky to get out of the hospital in two days, after a major accident." One of the teammates replied.

"Oh yeah! I hate the hospital environment, but the food was so good ... aah! ... I am going to miss it."

"You are the first one I know .. in my lifetime .. who likes hospital food." Someone said.

"Yeah! Hospital food is crap. You probably bribed someone to get good food." Another teammate commented and everyone agreed.

I felt really good hearing Sid liked my cooking. The others had no clue that I was providing home cooked food to Sid.

The two days he was in the hospital were the busiest days of my life.

I had to wake up way early in the morning, prepare and pack food for Sid, then drive to the hospital and be at his bedside before he woke up. I made arrangements with the staff to give him the food I prepared.

After that I would go to office, work full day, go home and prepare dinner for him and then go to the hospital and give him dinner. Even though it was very hectic, I didn't feel the pain and made me happy to do something for him.

As days progressed, things returned back to routine. Everyone was happy that Sid returned to work. However one person seemed more happy than others, including me. She was a new joiner and was part of the new batch of fresh college graduates.

I didn't even know her name, but saw her spending lot of time in his cube, talking, laughing and joking with him.

I didn't like the way things were progressing. After the hospital incident, I was hoping things may take a turn between us, but another problem was creeping in between us.

I found out her name - she was Maya. Way younger and always dressed in revealing fashionable clothes, openly flirting with my Man. I should be immune from such things, but the human in me was getting weaker, when it came to Sid. I decided to fight fire with fire.

Also among the new joiners was Michael, new director of infrastructure. He was the same age as me and at the same management level and also an attractive bachelor. Since he was new, I took him around introducing to all the key people and showed him the ins and outs of the company. I was sure he was into me as he began showing up in my office more often asking me for clarifications,  I was sure I explained him before.

Last month Sid was supposed to travel to Goa along with Richa, one of his teammates. At that time I felt uncomfortable sending Sid alone with another female employee for personal reasons and also because of Sid's history and involvement with murder of his pregnant roommate.

I didn't want to be in the position to explain to the employee's family, if anything similar happened to her while on official trip. But I kept quiet as I had no proof Sid was guilty of the act.

However Sid cancelled the trip in the last moment and instead sent one of his teammates, Amar, with Richa. I was surprised at his move but didn't interfere. Later I came to know that Amar had been trying very hard to woo Richa and once Sid came to know of it, he managed to put them together for the trip.

Sid even talked to Richa to make sure she was comfortable with Amar and realized that she was open to his advances.

Things moved fast during the trip and by the time they came back they were officially a couple and soon got engaged. They decided to throw a engagement party for the entire team the coming Friday, especially for Sid. I was happy for the couple and we all agreed to attend their party.