Part 5

Samy's POV

"What did I do? I could have ended this thing and gone back to working on my career, instead I agreed to meet with him on Friday. What is wrong with me? He  gave me a chance to end it, but I pulled back, gave him hope, and now we are to meet again. I know he is totally wrong for me, but some part of me is pushing me towards him. I can feel that small sweet sensation deep in my heart. I better end it before it becomes a monster. I will end it this time, when I meet with him on Friday." I thought finishing dinner and moving towards my bed. I told my parents I will let them know my decision on Friday.

Initially I was confused and conflicted with my own actions. I did not plan for the meeting to go the way it did. His explanations for his pervy behavior seemed bizarre, yet I was ready to accept them and ignore his previous misbehavior.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I tossed, turned and rolled on the bed, torturing the pillows in many positions. I went over our conversation again and again. I realized, I noted many things about him during our conversation. Little things, like the way he rubs his chin slowly with his index finger, when he is deep in thought or the way he bites his lower lip when he is listening intently. I could watch him for hours without getting bored.

I buried my head into the pillow to stop thinking about him, but realized I was incapable of handling the feelings, his thoughts generate. Sometime later I fell asleep, but dreamed about him. Not sure, how many times I kissed the pillow, it certainly had weird marks on it. It was my very first night of sweet ..  sweet torture, which continued on for a long time.

Next day, I showed up for work reluctantly. It never happened before. It was as if someone punctured my mojo balloon, I lost interest in work. My brain was thinking overtime about the coming encounter with him. I just wanted to lay in bed and wait for Friday, but I had two days of drudgery ahead of me.

"Hey, are you alive?" Priti asked tapping my office door. She was a friend and QA manager in the same office.

"Sorry !! Was lost for a second there." I answered recovering and signaled her to take a seat.

"Come, lets go for coffee, will keep you alive." Priti invited me.

I got up and followed her to the coffee shop, opposite our office building. We talked about the usual stuff - office gossip and politics. She tried to get details about the issue bothering me, but I decided to keep him a secret for now, so did my best to ignore her questions with evasive answers.

Finally it was time to go home and I was happy to go and retire to my den. Another twenty four hours to pass before i had to meet him. Again he was all over me in my dreams.

Next day, I wore my best dress to office as I was meeting him after work. What started as a small slow flutter in my heart, became louder and louder, as time went on, drowning everything. I was actually thinking of saying yes to him, biggest decision of my life. If he agrees, I will be spending rest of my life with him. I closed my eyes and let reality sink in.

Rejecting earlier alliances was easy, but I never realized saying yes to your future, was that hard.

Was I scared? - yes.

Finally it was five pm. I closed my email and shutdown my computer. Not that it mattered in anyway as my productivity for the entire day was close to zero. I went to the ladies room and quickly applied makeup and after one final look at myself in the mirror, headed out to city mall Starbucks.

As I got closer to the destination, negative thoughts scared the hell out of me.

"What if he doesn't show up? Maybe I said too much and scared him? I could be a real pain and why would anyone want to spend their life with me?"