I fixed my hair up in a messy bun and did my make up, I had to pretend like I was going to go to school right? Well if I was going to go this is what I would wear, ugh I couldnt believe I was going to miss my first day!

Would I get in trouble for missing the first day? Would the principal call my parents?

I gulped as I put on mascara, I hoped not! Dad would ground me! He'd probably be like, 'You're whining that you want to go to school and yet you dont go to the classes?!'

I shuddered and shook my head, no hopefully nothing too bad happened! I had no clue how I was going to ditch, Brent had only said he'd pick me up, so I assumed he would be waiting for me or something right?

I heard a soft knock on my door and I turned to see mom coming in with a small smile "Morning Annie" she said.

"Morning," I replied turning to the mirror again.

"You're ready already?" she laughed lightly.

I nodded fixing my hair, "Yes, I couldnt wait to be ready" I lied.

The worst part of not going to school today? Pretending I was excited about it!

Mom smiled and walked to me, "You look lovely with your hair up" she said standing behind me in the mirror.

I half smirked "I thought you didnt like my dark hair" I reminded her.

 She shrugged and smiled more, "Im not going to lie and say I dont miss your natural blond hair, I loved it, but your dark hair like this looks nice also" she said.

"Makes me look more like you," I commented quietly.

She nodded and bent over slightly so our shoulders were at same level "Yes, you remind me so much of myself Annie," she said.

I tried not rolling my eyes, "Really? How come?" I asked turning around and crossing my knee pretending to be interested in the answer.

Mom smiled and stood straight, "I dont know you just do," she shrugged.

I let out a deep breath, to be honest mom and I had a great relationship as mother and daughter, of course that all changed when they told us that they were really vampires and I began to grow afraid of her, I began to be more distant. Sometimes I felt the need to talk to her as I used to do, or to simply laugh around, but then I would take one look at her young face and the feeling of betrayal reminded me that one day I would die and she would get to live forever.

So why grow attached?

"Did you like school when you were a human mother?" I asked seriosuly, now that I thought about it mom barely told me any stories of her when she was a human.

She stared at me and half smiled, "Not really to be completely honest, I had a really hard time focusing and I had to have a tutor. Things got better once your dad enrolled also, he helped me pass a lot of classes" she said smiling more to herself as if remembering something.

"Really? You didnt like school?" I asked surprised, mom was one of the smartest persons I knew! I would've thought she was like a super genious in school!

She shook her head scrunching her nose "To be honest I hated it," she said rolling her eyes.

"But yet you're not against the idea of us going to school," I pointed out.

"Because I know you and Andy will do great in school! You two are really smart, and besides I know its something you guys want" she said gently sitting down on my bed.

I stared at her silently until she sighed, "Annie I want to apoligize for slapping you the other day honey, you know Im not like that. I dont think violence resolves anything, I shouldnt have" she began.