Chapter 17: Consternation

~ Time-skip to 2 weeks later :O ~

I groaned and stretched, opening my eyes to reveal the boat of solitude that I've been trapped on for over a week.

I sat up against the boat and had a look around, hoping that this was all a nightmare and I was going to wake up on Toni's ship. I pinched my arm hoping it wouldn't hurt, but I ended up flinching from the slight pain.

I sighed. I guess it's not a nightmare....

I yawned and stood up, and the dinghy creaked as I started walking over to the large crate that was in the very center. I opened it up and grabbed a can of water and a pocket knife, since I was very much dying of thirst.

I opened the can with the knife and took a large gulp of it down my throat. Some of the water dripped down my neck, and it stung as it touched my sunburned skin. I placed the lid back on top and set it back in the crate for later.

With the pocket knife I scratched a tally mark into the wood of the boat.

Day 15....I wonder how much more I can keep up with this..

I glared out into the ocean for a moment, and gasped in pure shock. To my great surprise, I saw an island in the distance, and it wasn't that far away.

I better not be hallucinating, or I might as well loose all hope.

I rubbed my eyes and squinted again, thinking that the island would disappear. It didn't.

I felt like jumping right then and there into the ocean and swimming all the way to the island. I couldn't wait any longer to get there, but I knew I had to. I would have to be patient for a while.

I sat down and kept my gaze at the island, smiling from overwhelming happiness as I did so.

~Another time-skip to 3 hours later :D ~

After I packed as much cans and jars of food as possible into the burlap, I laid down on the floor of the boat. I closed my eyes for a while and thought about anything and everything.

My mind started to wonder to the memories of 'that man with the blonde hair'. I pondered for a couple moment until I felt the boat bump against something.

I quickly flicked open my eyes and shot straight up. Hoping that it wasn't a shark that the boat bumped into, I looked over the edge.

There was sand.

Sand from a shore.

On a beach.

On an island!

I eagerly grabbed the burlap and flung it over my shoulders and against my back, not caring how much it stung as it rubbed against the sunburn on the back of my neck.

I jumped out of the boat and finally felt the feeling of land underneath my feet. I giggled like a little girl and collapsed onto the sand, and looked up at the sky. Even though I had so many misfortunes in these past weeks, I felt wonderful.

***

A/N:

I cannot fathom express to you how sorry I am for not updating in over a MONTH!!

I honestly have no excuse.... I was just extremely lazy.

Next time I don't update in over a week, then just message me saying something along the lines of '' YO B****, YOU DIDN'T F****** UPDATE YOU MOTHER F*****! YOU BETTER UPDATE RIGHT THE F****** SECOND, YOU A** WHIPE!'' and then I'll probably most likely update...

Anyhow... since I didn't update in so long, I'm going to make TWO chapters in one day :O how exciting! ( So i'll upload my next chapter in like... i dunno, 30 minutes from now?)

I was planning on making this story only 20 chapters.. but I think it might be a chapter or two longer... I'm not sure.

*SLIGHT SPOILER* the ending is going to be really sad :/ and someone may die... POSSIBLY so uh.. ya..don't kill me pls

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS :)