Chapter 10: Familiar

I woke up and had an incredibly terrible headache.

Where am I?

I looked around at my surroundings and saw maps, jewels, and gold tattered about the place. There were two large chests near the bed I was in. There was also a desk in corner, which had a lit ten candle on it and messy papers and scrolls all over it.

Why does this feel familiar...?

I got up and headed towards the door. When I opened it, I found myself in a hallway. The wooden floor boards creaked as I walked down the hallway and opened the nearest door.

I stepped inside and found myself in a room filled with men sleeping. It reeked of rum, vomit, and sweat. I covered my nose in disgust and silently, but quickly, closed the door.

I continued down the hallway, and I opened the next door I found, which brought me to the kitchen. I quietly closed the door and looked around, It was somewhat tidy, compared to the rest of the rooms. There were a few pots and pans scattered around, but overall it looked quite nice.

I glanced outside the window, and saw that it was dawn and the sun hadn't yet risen.

No wonder why no ones awake...

I also saw the ocean. So... if I see the ocean outside there, then that means that... in here.. I'm on a ship. That's nice to know... (obviously)

I heard the door open behind me, and saw someone quietly walk in.

''Hola, princesa.'', he said enthusiastically. He was dressed in a ruffled long-sleeved white shirt, brown trousers, and brown boots. He had tan skin, amber hair, and emerald-green eyes.

I feel like I've seen those eyes before... but who is he?

''Hi...... person..?'', I said awkwardly.

He walked up to the table and grabbed a tomato from the basket on it. He munched on it, and saw me staring at him.

He gave me a kind smile.''Would you like a tomato?'', he asked.

''I don't know, are they ...good?'', I asked curiously. I didn't remember ever trying a tomato before.

''Si, they're good. Try one.'', he said tossing one to me.

I took a small bite of it. It tasted cold, juicy, and sweet yet bitter. They were pretty good. I grabbed another and began eating it.

He chuckled. ''Slow down there, amigo. You remind me of Lovino. He loves tomatoes, too.'', he said, smiling still.

''Okay.'', I said, and munched on the tomato before I continued,'' By the way, who are you..?'', I asked.

''I'm Captain Antonio Fernandez Carriedo,but just call me Toni.'', he said as he began making breakfast.

''Well it's.. nice to meet you.'', I said politely.

'' The pleasure is mine, amor''

I sat down at the table, and paused for a moment to think. ''But who am I?'', I asked a bit confused and curious.

''You don't know who you are? '', he answered.

''No, I'm afraid not.''

He smiled warmly to me.'' Well you're the princesa, of course! _________, the princess of England.'', he responded.

''Can you tell me a bit more, if you don't mind?'', I asked.

He stirred and added spices into a the boiling water in the pot. After that, he added the main ingredients and let them sit.

He walked over and took a seat next to me. He explained everything to me. Who I was, where I am, where I use to be....

How does he know all of this? Is he my boss.? My friend...? My... partner? All these questions filled my mind.

But how come I can't remember him..? Why does he remind me of someone else...?

***

A/N:

This one took me a while to write, sorry! I was at lost of ideas...

But anyways, thanks for reading!

Please comment any suggestions!

Like.... if you'd... like!