Chapter 3: Bitter

I woke up to the smell of burnt food and men yelling. I slowly got up and rubbed my eyes, trying to remember the previous day.

I was still in the same clothing from yesterday, which was my night gown. I was in what seemed like the captain's quarters, by the state of the room.

There was bags of golds near the bed and a desk covered in maps and telescopes. In fact, there were maps everywhere in the room.

''Hmph, this room seems about right for a pirate.'', I huffed to myself.

''I know, I really should clean up a bit, huh?'', a voice said from the opening door.

It was the captain. He wore his usual pirate hat, long red-coat, and trademark smirk. He was carrying a tray with what appeared to be burnt scones and a cup of tea.

''Good morning, love'', he said as he set the tray down next to the bed. I couldn't help but blush when he called me love. No one has ever called me anything of that sort. I had to admit i liked the sound of it, especially if he said it.

Wait, back it up. '' Especially if he said it??'''Those guys kidnapped me, how could I actually think that?! I don't even know his name....

''Uh, thanks.... by the way, what's your name?'', I asked curiously.

''My name is Arthur Kirkland, but you must address me as captain.''

Must? Am I apart of his crew or something?

''By the way, I left some clothes out for you next to the bed'', he added.

The captain left the room, not giving me a chance to respond. I began to eat my burnt food once I realized how hungry I was.

It isn't that bad, except for the burnt part.

I finished my food, and began to change into the clothes the captain left for me. It was a ruffled long-sleeved shirt with a red skirt that reached to my knees. He also left out a pair of boots that were a bit too big for me. I glanced at myself in the mirror of the captain's bathroom before heading out.

Great, now I look like a pirate.

I went outside and made my way to the deck. I was greeted by the shouting of men who were having a sword-fight.

I searched the premises for the captain, and was surprised to see him join in on the sword-fight.

What am I suppose to do on this dumb ship.... I miss home. I guess i'll just watch these idiots fight for now.

The two pirates looked as if they were fighting to the death, most likely because I haven't seen much sword-fights before. The captain was obviously skilled, as given by the cuts and gashes he left on his crew members.

The clashing noises of the swords stopped after one minute. The captain had gotten the sword out of the pirate's hands, and brought him to the floor as he stuck his blade inches to the man's throat.

How barbaric. I mean seriously, it seems as if he, the captain, doesn't even care if he kills one of his crew members.

I saw the defeated pirate's sword laying next to me, and picked it up curiously. I held it up and examined the sharp blade.

The captain chuckled as the pirate finally got to his feet, and skimped away in defeat.

''So who wants to fight me next? '', the captain said as he examined the crowd of his crew, then his eyes turned to me as I held the sword.

''How about you, princess? Let's see how good you are. After all, you're going to be apart of the crew and are to be skilled in swordsmanship.''

M-me!? Against him? With swords?

''Uh-uh.....no thanks.'' I said.

''Aww, c'mon girly.. Are you scared of a pirate? '', he said mockingly with his teasing smirk.

I blushed in embarrassment. How can I take this from him?

''On second thought, yes.'' I said without thinking as I gripped my sword walking towards him.

''Why not? '' I added as I clashed my sword against his.

***

A/N:

I'm going to try to make things more interesting, kay?

Thanks for reading! ^-^