Chapter 6: Ballad

I got up and changed, trying to focus on something rather than that nightmare I had.

My mind suddenly thought of Arthur... I mean the captain.

Where was he anyways?

I looked around the room and didn't see him, so I preceded to walk outside onto the deck to make breakfast. As I went to grab the door nob, I heard a snore from behind me.

I turned around to see the captain at his desk, slobbering all over his map. He looked as if he fell asleep while working, noted by his usual long coat , ruffled shirt, brown trousers, and boots still on from the previous day. I wonder if he even sleeps in night attire....

I walked up from behind his chair and snooped over at what he was examining before he fell asleep.

To my surprise, it was not a map. It was a drawing. I didn't know he could draw.

I peered at the picture and saw that it was a drawing of a necklace with a gem. There were also notes written next to them, and what caught my interest was the word Immortality. I picked it up curiously and began to read it. Although, most of the words were in Latin. Damn

I set it down, and noticed the captain's eyes slowly flickering open to reveal emerald-green. He yawned and stretched, and looked up to see me.

He smiled, ''Good morning, love'', he said as he got up.''So what's for breakfast?'', he said.

''Definitely not your food.'', I replied, teasingly.

''I assume that means you'll be making some pork and pudding?'', he said as we both walked to the kitchen.

''At least it's better than your scones.'', I said.

I thought he would get mad by my comment, but to my suprise he chuckled.

I began cooking the food as we were greeted by a bunch of hungry men. Wonderful

~~~~ Later that Evening ~~~~~

I finished mopping the deck and took a break. I sat on the same barrel that I fell unconscious on the first time I got here. What a coincidence.

How long has it been? Two weeks...a month? I lost track of time...

My thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice singing. There was no other crew member around, as far as I could see. I listened closely and noticed it was Arthur. He seemed to be singing a poem.

A pirate's life for me?

No, a pirate's life for you.

Your my treasure, love.

If that's what it's called, then yes,

My treasure is you.

Freedom you speak of?

If that's what you wish, love.

But remember that no gold can buy you.

But I can steal you.

I heard him stop.This is my chance before he sees me... I quietly got up and went towards the quarters. That poem though..

I was stopped abruptly by the captain blocking my path.

''I see you like eavesdropping'' ,he said. ''So how did you like my poem, if you mind me asking.''

I blushed and looked down.''I-i uh ...quite .. nice...'', I said as he kept walking closer and closer to me, forcing me to back up against the wall.

I could feel my face getting redder as he got extremely close. He was inches away from my face, and whispered in my ear.

''I wrote it about you...'', he said softly. I could feel my whole body tingle as he said each word.

H-he wrote it about.... me?

***

A/N:

I tried....

ANYWHOOOOO

Thanks for reading, you don't know how much it means to me! ^_^