Chapter 4- Eat your heart out

The past- 16 years ago

Kyre

I can't catch Taelun fucking up his duties if he knows he needs to be careful. So, for the past 2 weeks I have purposefully kept my distance, at great personal sacrifice to my need to be in control, and probably the students training. So, now as I make my way through the underground tunnels to the training fields I hope that no one has seen me or alerted him. I want to watch what he's doing, and the last thing I need is for the little pig tit to change anything because he knows I'm near. The fire catches the natural crystals in the stone, throwing small fire colored stars into the darkness. My Kingdom is named after the stars, and this is just one of the 3 reasons why.

I know my father hates Taelun as well, however as part of the marriage contract, we needed to honor this request, unless there was a reason not to. I will find that reason, especially after the last influx of poorly trained warriors.

The tunnel I'm navigating opens up and places me behind large boulders, and I can see everyone running through new routines. As I stand here, I am severely disappointed. They look...perfect. Frowning, I watch as they move well together as a whole. I lock my jaw in bitter resentment, and take deep breaths to quell my anger. Their technique, while not perfect, is not bad, and they have a cohesion that should not be there so soon. Looking around, I try to find Taelun, wondering what he did to make them so...good. Son of a whore, I'm disgusted by this turn of events.

I don't see Taelun though. I do however see Ezry of all Fae, and she's using a commanding voice that instructs and corrects as well as I have ever been able too. They all listen to her, and if I'm to be honest, I find no fault in her corrections and praises. Where did she learn to be such a leader? Is she working with Taelun?

But my new burning question, and one that both causes a pleasurable shudder to coarse through me and at the same time a consuming rage, is where the fuck is Taelun, and why is Ezry doing his job?

I watch for over an hour. And each time, Ezry yells at someone to lift their arm, or to shield their balls or she'll eat them for dinner. I feel it in mine each time she says that that. Torturing Taelun, that is what I tell myself I am here for. And getting involved with a new recruit is not something I need.

Eventually one of them runs my way, probably towards the personal quarters. I wait until he is near, then come behind him, and pull his back against my front, keeping my hand over his mouth, "do not move, it is Kyre, and I have no desire to hurt you," I hiss into his ear.

Letting him go, and turning him to face me, I demand, "What is happening here? Where is Taelun, and why is Ezry, another recruit, training you?"

His light brown eyes look from Ezry to myself, "Taelun is hardly ever here, and when he is, he does a shit job of training us," he sneers. I can see the disgust on his face, thinking that I want this. After today, I will have exactly what I want.

A lustrous rage settles over me, and I quickly decide on my actions.

"What is your name?" I look at the capable looking male, and feel his magic vibrate under his skin.

"Rafe."

"Rafe, I want you to go find Taelun, do you know where he is?"

"I have a general idea who he is with, yes," he says in a flat voice. "We were left instructions to find him if we saw anyone important."