Epilogue

---Ava---

    “Babe, Brandi wants to feel the horses with you” I said as I was preparing dinner in the kitchen. We were having a potato bake and a roast chicken.

    “Ok, come on sweetie. Does Brodi want to come too?” Dane asked. I look at my two year old son who is standing on a chair watching me cut potatoes.

    “Nope” Was all he said, not taking his eyes off the potato. I laugh as Dane kisses my cheek.

    “I love you” Dane says. I smile and say it back and he sets off with our daughter.

    “Hello?” I hear a voice call out. It sounds like Haley so I don’t worry about stopping what I am doing.

    “In the kitchen Haley” I call out.

    “I brought some pudding” Haley says coming into the kitchen with a casserole dish in her hands.

    “Oh yum. Where are Jamie and Anissa?” I ask looking behind her.

    “Babe” Jamie calls out to Haley.

    “Hang on.” Haley shouts back. I smile at my best friends. “I told Jamie my hands were full. I told him to just let Anissa out and she would make her way up here but no, he has to carry her” She wines at me. I laugh and sprinkle cheese on the potatoes before adding another layer of potato.

    “Mommy” A little girl yells as she runs into the back of Haley.

    “Niss” Brodi says in excitment and jumps off the chair. I wish he wasn’t suck a dare devil. That kid is so much like his father it’s not funny. He will jump off the roof if he could.

    “Brodi. I have told you numerous times to stop jumping off the furniture” I said as Brodi ran over to his friend slash cousin.

    “He’s not listening you know” Haley says placing the dish on the bench.

    “Yeah. I know, he never does” I say. "Just like his father" I laugh.

---Dane---

    Taking my daughter down to feed the animal’s was not always fun. Sometimes she would want to play with the animals and then she will tell me they won’t need food and crack a tantrum if I feed them anyway.

    “Daddy. Horse” Brandi said pointing to the horse stables. She loves the horses just like her mother did.

    “Yeah baby. We will get to them in a minute, come feed the chicken’s first alright” I said opening the chicken pen. Brandi raced in front of me and scared all the chickens in process. I smiled and handed her some pellets to give them. She started laughing at the chicken’s taking the food out of her hands which made me smile.

    After all the animal’s were fed we headed back up to the house. “Guess what Brandi” I said as she held my hand while we walked.

    “What?” She said bluntly. I smiled before giving her the answer I knew she would love.

    “Aunty Haley and Uncle Jamie and Anissa are here” I said. Her head shot up and she smiled and practically dragged me to the house.

    “Niss” She kept saying over and over again.

The first thing she did after taking her boots off was racing into the living room looking for her brother and friend slash cousin.

    “Have you heard from Alicia and Paul?” I heard my fiancé ask her best friend.

    “Yes. They are in Australia, they should be home next week sometime. They wouldn’t say when, all they said was next week” Haley replied.

    “Niss” Brandi said running over to the two little toddlers playing in the corner of the room.

    “Ran” Anissa said back. I smiled and took my coat off before sitting on the couch next to my beautiful fiancé.

    “How’s it going guys?” I asked being polite.

    “Good, good. Anissa’s birthday next week, don’t forget” Haley said. I hadn’t forgotten, Ava keeps reminding me every morning of how many days it is.

    “Oh I won’t forget” I said smiling.

    “What’s up man?” Jamie asked. I stood up and signalled him into the kitchen.

    “Nothing really. Went on a mission last week as Ava probably told you” I replied.

    “Yeah, it was quick” Jamie replied.

    “Yeah, I only had to prevent a lady from falling on the rail road tracks” I replied opening the fridge and getting out a beer, handing it to Jamie and getting one out for myself.

    “Oh yeah, how about the business?” Jamie asked. I smiled and shrugged before answering.

    “Gets all the bills paid so I’m not complaining” I replied. I owned a toy shop in town and it was starting to get busy now that it was September and close to Christmas.

    “Yeah, it would start to get busy soon” Jamie said. I smiled and nodded at it. I looked at a picture of Ava and I that was taken the day I saved her. I had just showered and we hit the road for home when Ava snapped a picture with one of the guys phone. I smiled at the image next to it which was all of us, Ava, myself, Jamie, Haley, Ben, Alicia and Paul and Slinky and Spider were even in it too. Jamie followed my gaze and smiled.

    “Just over three years ago that was” Jamie said.

    “I know what day it was. How could I forget?” I replied.

    “Man, I don’t think any of us are going to forget. You got all Angel on us and you saved Ava from some psycho Fallen Angel” Jamie laughed.

    “Not to mention, you and Haley got together that night” I replied smiling.

    “Yeah. How times have changed. You and Ava are getting married, you have two beautiful kids. Alicia and Paul are touring the world together before they have kids. Ben doesn’t even talk to us much anymore, Haley and I are still around with one of our own little ones running around.” Jamie said.

    “Yeah. I just wish Ava’s parents were here to see how much their daughter had changed and made it in life. She may not have gone to college but she has two kids to look after.” I said. I took a swig of my beer just as the girls came in.

    “What are you boys talking about?” Ava asked running a hand across my chest as she walked past.

    “Us” I replied. She looked at me confused.

    “How much we’ve changed since then” I said pointing to the photo of all of us.

    “Yeah” She smiled and looked at the photo. Haley was even smiling and looking at the photo.

    “I just can’t believe that Paul and Alicia have been together the longest yet they are the only ones without kids” Haley said. We all laughed at that.

    “Yeah” I said. “How long have they been together for?” I asked.

    “Four almost five years” Jamie replied.

    “Mommy. Mommy” Brandi came running into the kitchen.

    “Yes baby girl” Ava said picking her up.

    “I wub you Mommy” Brandi said. For the first time ever she said I love you. We all looked at her shocked. Had she just said that? Ava’s eyes got glassy as she hugged our baby girl into herself.

    “I love you too Baby. And your brother and your daddy” Ava said. We all awed before gathering each other up in a group hug.

A/N: Hope this is better =)

Have started on the sequel and will probably be starting to be uploaded when I'm half way through

Thanks guys, you have been a good support because I honstly thought this story was going no where.