"You should just go, Wendy. We do this every year. It'll be exciting since you guys are coming this time," Luke says in between his bites of hamburger.

"Yeah, it'll be fun," Logan chimes in.

Olivia and Evelyn look at me earnestly, while Vivian is preoccupied with Vincent's shoulder blades and abs. I steal a few quick glances at Vincent, our eyes meet, and we both quickly look away. He looks at the ground, as if he's trying to focus on listening in for my answer.

"What the heck, sure. It's not like I have anything better to do. Plus, Wren's going to be throwing a party for her baseball team. I don't want to be home for it."

"Okay, then it's decided! We're all going. Remember to pack your bag tonight. We're leaving Monday." Olivia is usually very calm, but she's looks animated today.

Vincent pulls up to the driveway and gets out to put my bag in the trunk. I only brought a backpack, so I didn't really need the help, but Vincent seems so eager. I walk to the backseat door of the SUV and open it. Carson, Logan, and Luke are seated in the back seats, while Olivia and Evelyn are sitting in the row behind them. Thank goodness there's eight seats, because being jammed into a car for 2 hours isn't fun.

"Wendy," Vincent calls me and opens the passenger door.

"I'll just sit in the back." That seat has to belong to Vivian. Sitting next to Vincent for two hours would make her day.

Vincent grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the passenger seat. He corners me into the seat and shut the door, closing the one in the back as well. I'm caught off-guard, and I'm not sure what to do. Before I knew it, Vincent was reaching over me and buckling me in.  My shoulder brushed up against his chest, and my breath became short.

"Geez, pay attention," he scolds and pulls out of the driveway. Our last stop is Vivian's house.

Vivian is already standing outside when we get there. She's dressed nice, even though we're going to be stuck in a car for a couple of hours. It looks like she woke up really early to do her makeup and hair. She's smiling ear-to-ear and goes to open the passenger seat door. Her smile fades and her cheeks burn in embarrassment when she she's I'm already occupying it.

"Hey, Vivian. Sorry, we didn't want to make you wait too long. I hopped in so we get can here faster." I started to climb out of the seat when Vincent stops me, holding my hand from unbuckling the seat belt.

"Since you're already sitting here, it will be more convenient for Vivian to hop in the back," he smiles, but chills runs down my spine. He has a cold undertone in his voice. Vivian looks shocked and hurt.

"Oh, it's because Vivian gets easily car sick. She can't sit in the back for a long time. Right, Vivian?"

"Oh...yep! I get car sick." Her mood is uplifted again.

Vincent's grip loosens, but he keeps holding onto my wrist. I wiggle out of it and climb out. Vivian takes the passenger seat, while I inelegantly dive into the back row from the back seat. I didn't want to bother Logan by making him get out and fold down the seat, instead opting to climb over. We start the long car ride, and the car starts to explode in overlapping arguments about what to do in the mountains. I start to fall asleep and can't distinguish who's saying what anymore.

"We can go to the carnival anytime. We have to do something unique in the mountains!"

"It's a Halloween themed carnival!"

"Boring."

"I want to see goats."

"No."

"Why not? We should see goats."