Secret Ending - 21

Levi awoke with a start, his nightmarish memories curling in on him yet again. He saw Maeve Raylee standing over him with a syringe in her hand. She was speaking to him.

"This isn't going to hurt," she coos. "You and your friends will be all right..." She looks over at her companion who gives her a disapproving look. 
"Are you sure a memory serum will do the trick?" he asks, his eyes roving over Levi's friends. 
"It'll be fine," she smiles reassuringly. "Everybody thinks they all went on a trip to Europe for a few months. I've got it covered." Maeve proceeds to prepare the syringe, dipping it into a crystal blue substance. 
"If this takes too long, then what?"
"Then we'll deal with it when we get there. Look, they're waking up." Maeve gestures to Levi's friends. He looks over at them worriedly, wanting to speak, but the gag around his face won't let him. Wait, when did it get on his face?
"They're also coming to," the man says flatly. 
Maeve pats Levi's head, "This part doesn't matter. If the Americans are more than obliging to help us fake their deaths, they'll help with the Pugillares Regidum. Don't you remember how ecstatic they were when Doctor Bourne flew through the portal?"
"He almost died."
"But he didn't," Maeve argues gently. "Once this is up and running, we can save our people. We can save everybody."
"Except them," the man stares at Levi hard. "Just hurry up and inject them already. This one's freaking me out."
Levi watched with horror as Maeve shrugged and plunged the needle into his arm. He felt like his own mind was being torn apart and shredded to pieces. He imagined a giant hand reaching up into his skull and moving things around. He felt violated. 
"Done," Maeve smiles sweetly. The last thing Levi saw was Rhea's own two green eyes staring back at him with horror.

Little did he know that was the last time he would see her purely sane...

Levi was overcome with a cold sweat. He scrambled to his feet and paced the cell yet again. The time is coming to a close, and he had to act now. Levi has been practicing, and now he's ready.

The man who gave him his food was nice enough to give Levi a cookie every few days, but Levi took note there was no cookie on the tray this time. Figures. 

Reaching out with his mind, Levi felt around the underground facility with his extra sense. He had practiced daily with his new power in his real body, determining it useful, he decided to execute a plan after Mason declined killing his friends. Plan B, initiate.

Before the man who delivered Levi's food could leave, Levi reached out with a tendril of darkness, wrapping it around his foot. The man loses his balance and falls before the door. Maneuvering his hands, Levi orders the darkness to grab the keys with one arm, and to knock the man unconscious with the other tendril. 

Click.

The door swings wide open, revealing his pups. Levi named one tendril of darkness Drake, and the other Nestel. Levi slips out the door, carefully stepping over the guard and makes his way down the hall. 

Voices.

Levi's heart jackhammers in his chest, fear threatening to take over and ruin this whole operation. One step. Two.

Voices again. Levi bites his lip anxiously. If he remembers correctly, when he was brought down the stairs, they took him this way, then that way, and then straight. Right? 

Levi follows the directions in his mind, stopping every few hallways to listen closely. The voices were travelling further away now. Nestel curled up around his ankle comfortingly. "Don't worry, we'll get out of here," he says quietly. Drake wraps around Levi's fingers, a small hiss tells Levi that somebody is nearby.

Somebody he knows is nearby.

Levi dares cast a glance around the corner, sucking in a breath at the sight of who it was. Agent Lakes.