Chapter 1: Dream

It's a dense forest and I'm running through the wood. My arms are getting rubbed against the branches from the trees but ignoring everything I continue the run for my life. The friction of branches are tearing my sleeves and leaving scratches on my arm. It's hurting me very much, I'm panting for air and my legs are giving up but I'm not ready to give up, not yet. I look back while running forward to know if the anonymous danger is still after me or not. The sound of leaves rubbing against each other are telling me that I am still being followed.

When my legs couldn't move forward anymore and my lungs felt empty of air, I stop finally. Resting my hands on my knees, I was breathless. Looking around and finding that no one is following me I sigh in relief. Standing straight, still inhaling deeply I wipe the sweat bead on my forehead from my palm.

I feel something passing behind my back and so I turn to check that. But when I turn then there is nothing to be seen. Standing still I gulp my fear, my palms balled in a fist. Even the crack of twigs from my own feet are making me flinch. I feel the same movement again but when I turn back, then there is nothing, just like before.

My eyes are welding up with tears, my body is reacting to the smallest change. I can feel a bead of sweat rolling down behind my ear but I couldn't dare to raise my hand to wipe it. I am standing still in a small clear surrounded by trees, with the sun setting down, the forest became more scary.

I move aside after seeing a shadowy figure passing through the right side of me in such speed that it's impossible to make out what it is. My breathing is heavy, my eyes looking around but my body standing motionless. And then it happened again, I turn, and then again and again and again. It has become impossible for me to move, I'm just turning my head towards the movement. I fall down because of the motion and the dirt touching my would are making them burn, and then, a silhouette of some person comes in front of me. The silhouette is approaching towards me and I'm petrified. In a blink of eye it comes near me and I close my eyes screaming loudly:

"AAAAHHHHH!" I sat up and looked around my dark room. I sighed and was inhaling deeply realising that it was a dream. Stretching my hand towards the lampshade and switching it on, I gasped again on seeing the figure of someone sitting on the other bed.

"Whoa! Relax, its just me! " My sister, Kaira whispered softly.

I closed my eyes inhaling again to calm my myself.

"Same dream? " she asked and I nodded picking up the glass of water from the bedside table and sipping from it.

"When did you wake up? " I asked her.

"Just a minute before or two."

I nodded keeping the glass back on its place. "Did you-" I started my sister cuts my words saying, "Yeah, same as yours. "

"Why is it happening with us? " I asked her, my emotion at its edge.

"I don't know. Did you see anything further? The man? His face? " she asked and I shook my head in reply, "No, I didn't. I woke up when -"

"Stop it! I don't want to listen! " she snapped covering herself from her blanket, "I just want to forget about this dream and sleep. Good night! " she said and I replied, "Good night."

I glanced at the small clock kept on the table it flashed the time in neon light, "3:10." I read the time and rested my head on headboard looking at the sleeping figure of my sister, Kaira. Twin sister actually.