Chapter 16: Water is Clearer than Blood?

(Author's note: IM SO SORRY FOR THIS DELAY!!! Things have been really strange, and not only that my I kind of got a boyfriend that isn't really a good person so I needed to cut that off ~.~ Then with field hockey I played varsity as 14 year old. Also I failed my first AP test but got 10/10 on the writing? Also there's been a girl in my school that hates me for some reason :) So I'm just gonna emerge myself in my happiness which is writing sooo love all you guys!!!)

(Y/N) POV

<>•<> Dream State <>•<>

"Woah, what is a pretty little miss doing here?" A man dressed in bright colors of yellow, they weren't formal attire just clothes of a traveler. However I didn't need to feel like I wanted to run from him, it was just that I not in the best position. My father didn't come to see me play, I'm supposedly to be be married off to a neighboring kingdom, the guy is almost 2 times my age! On top of that I have no friends ever since my chamber maid turned on me. I wiped the tears that decorated my face and covered my face with my sleeve.

"I'm sorry. I guess I'm in your way." I whispered and I looked away from the entrance of the abandon shrine.

"No little miss! Here, whenever I'm sad I eat one of these." He said and handed me an apple. I looked at his arms and he had a basket filled apples.

"You must be sad a lot then." I said then wiped my nose. I finally took a bite out of the apple and smiled from the sweet and tangy zest I got from it.

"Then you and me have something in common, little miss!" He laughed then he sat down right next to me.

"What are you doing here? This place is an abandon shrine." I asked then he started to eat an apple with a warm but distant smile on his face.

"My friend, they were the head of the shrine. Did all the blessings, saving, helping, killing, and smiling here. They were the Dragon's Priest." He said and I looked at him in a little bit of confusion. The dragon priest lived 100's of years ago. What is he talking about? 

"Oh, I guess you miss them." I said and then he got up and walked to the entrance of it.

"Dearly," he said faintly then followed soon after, "come little miss come, follow me!"

I got up and ran behind him as he started to sing a song unbeknownst to me. It was beautiful, soothing yet it had the power to take down the army of a thousand men. We walked down the pathway where 4 sculptures of  dragons were all facing on direction. "Mister, what are all those dragons facing?" I asked and we walked into the shrine. A giant dragon made with porcelain, rubies, and other jewels welcomed us into it's 'home'.

"Meet the Red Dragon, little miss!" The traveler smiled and I looked at it.

"Mister why is it facing outside?" She asked and then the man smiled at me.

"He's watching over us."

"But why?"

"Cause he wants too."

"Why?"

"Okay little miss you ask a lot of questions?"

I lightly giggled at the slight annoyance shown on his face. He smiled at me then he went to a chest near the dragon and he pulled out a hair charm with flowers and he placed it in my hair. "Sleep with this on."