Chapter 3

(Brad's POV)

Her gaze flickered back and forth as if she did not want to meet my gaze. Finally her gaze met mine and her honey coloured eyes sparkled as tears blurred her vision.

"You're leaving?" She asked in disbelief. I nodded slowly. "You can't. I won't let you! They can't take you from me!" She exclaimed as more tears formed in her eyes.

"I don't have a choice. If they tell me to fly to Japan and help on the front that's what I have to do" Her hand flew up to her mouth to muffle the sobs emitting past her lips.

I scooted closer towards her and wrapped my arms around her fragile figure as she buried her head in the crook of my neck, her tears making my shirt wet.

I could feel her body trembling under my touch and my heart ached as I wrapped my arms tighter around her, not wanting to let her go...

(April's POV)
I tried to suppress my tears as I brought him in for one last hug. My eyes fluttered closed as I breathed in his scent and imprinted his touch into my memory since I never knew when I would be able to feel his arms wrapped around me again. The piercing sound of the train horn made us break apart. I gently cradled his face in my hands as I brought it down towards mine. I brought my lips to his in a quick kiss before I pulled away, just to gaze into his eyes one last time.

"Come back to me, promise me" I whispered as I rested my forehead against his.

"I will" Brad mumbled as his thumb caressed my cheek.

The sound of the train horn sounded again and I squeezed my eyes shut as I could hear people bidding their loved ones good bye. My eyes fluttered open when Brad pressed a soft kiss to my forehead before he pulled away and hoisted his bag up on his shoulder. He placed his hat on his head and flashed me a small smile before he turned to walk aboard the train.

The tears building up in my eyes finally escaped and I inhaled a sharp breath, trying not to fall apart. I followed Brad's silhouette until I lost him in the sea of uniformed men. The men's figures melted together into a sea of military green uniforms and made it impossible to tell them apart.

I stared at the green mass as they all slowly boarded the train. I brought my hand up to my mouth as my bottom lip began to quiver. My posture slumped ever so slightly when the last soldier boarded the train and the doors closed with a hiss. The sound of the women's cries filled the platform and several of them hopeless began to run after the train as it departed...

(Brad's POV)
I placed my bag on the shelf above my head and sat down by the window. Connor accompanied by James and Tristan soon filled into the booth, and they began to chat about how excited they were. Their voices became a blurry mess in my head as I looked out over the platform, searching for her figure amongst the sea of women and children. I spotted her in the far back as the train was set in motion and slowly began to roll away from the platform. Her ruby coloured dress blew violently in the wind the train created, and her gaze was fixated upon the moving train. Her figure was soon devoured as women and children began to run, trying to wave good bye to their loved ones one last time. I turned away from the window and stared blankly ahead of me.

"Hey, you'll see her again" Tristan said and placed his hand down upon my shoulder when he noticed how absent I was.

"Yeah, and in the meantime you can write to her" Connor added as he flashed me a reassuring smile.

I gave a small nod before I looked out through the window again. The landscape flew by in a blur, and by each passing second the distance between us grew.

A/N
Wow, this is the longest chapter I've published so far! Thank you all for reading it, and as always, if you liked the chapter please vote and leave a comment it would really make my day.
- Lina xx