Chapter 1

(April's POV)
5 months later:

I clasped my hands over my mouth as I tried to suppress the giggles trying to escape past my lips. I peeked out from behind the tree where I was hiding, but quickly stepped behind it again and pressed my back against its hard surface as I could hear the sound of twigs snapping when he stepped on them.

The sound of this footsteps suddenly vanished and the only sound that filled the woods was the sound of the water in the brook and the sound of birds singing high up in the treetops. I stayed completely silent and slowly counted to 60 before I dated to peek out from behind the tree. I scanned the woods, and a frown appeared on my features when I saw no trace of him.

I could suddenly feel a pair of strong arms wrapping around my waist from behind and I was lifted high up into the air. I laughed as he spun me around before he gently placed me down on the bed of leaves again.

"Caught you" he breathed into my ear, and a smile instantly etched itself onto my lips. I turned around in his embrace and allowed my hands to find their way around his neck.

"You cheated" I said as my fingers tangled themselves into his mess of curls.

"I did not, you shouldn't have stepped out from your hiding spot" Brad stated as his hands ran up and my waist until they settled on my hips.

"But I only did that because I couldn't hear you. I thought you had left" I pressured, not wanting to admit the fact that I had lost.

"You still lost. Just accept the fact that you're defeated and give me my prize" Brad said as a grin formed on his lips.

"Fine, but next time I'm planning on winning" I said as I brought his face closer to mine.

"Duly noted" He mumbled against my lips before his plump ones settled on mine.