Chapter 9

(April's POV)

"Can I look now?" I asked and raised my hands to remove the blindfold from my eyes as the car stopped.

"No" Brad said, and soon after I could hear the car door open and close before he a minute later opened the door on my side. He grasped my hand and helped to get out before he closed the car door behind me. "I'll guide you, so hold onto my hand" he said as he locked our fingers together.

I nodded, and he slowly began to walk forwards, leading me with him. I had no idea of where we were. I couldn't recognise the turns we took or the path which we seemed to follow. Brad had to stop several of times to help me over or around bumps and things on the track.

Suddenly we came to a halt and I was amazed at how quiet it was. The only thing I could hear was the birds singing and the sound of leaves rustling in the warm summer breeze. I could feel his breath against my ear as he loosened the blindfold.

I squinted as the blindfold was removed from my eyes and I was met by the bright sunlight. Once my eyes had adjusted to the sudden change of light they widened in awe as I stared at the scenery.

We were standing on the top of a hill overlooking the entire town. I turned my head to look up at the sky and became amazed at how blue it was and of how close the white fluffy clouds looked, like I could just reach out and touch them, and feel them brush against my fingertips.

The green grass swayed in the wind and tickled against my ankles. A large smile spread over my features when I spotted the picnic Brad had arranged in the center of it all. I turned back around to look at him and his smile matched the one on my lips.