Chapter 7

(April's POV)
I stood up slowly and raised my arms above my head as I stood on my toes, trying to get the blood circulation going after sitting down for so long. When I was done stretching I lowered my arms, a content smile spreading across my lips.

I bent down to pick my book up from the grass when I suddenly heard the sound of a twig snap. I immediately spun around alarmed and narrowed my eyes as they darted from tree to tree, searching for the source of the sound. A frown spread across my features but I simply shrugged my shoulders as I saw nothing that seemed out of the ordinary.

I turned back around and pressed my book to my chest as I dipped my toe into the brook, but immediately retracted it as the cold water met my heated skin.

I smiled as I turned my face towards the sky and felt the sun gracing my cheeks. When the sound of footsteps approaching reached my ears I quickly spun around yet again, only this time to come face to face with a bright smile and a pair of sparkling eyes.

I gasped and slipped on the grass as I stumbled backwards in utter shock, but before I had the chance to fall into the brook his strong arm wrapped itself around my waist and pulled me to his chest. I planted my palms against his firm chest and slowly lifted my gaze up to look at him, my eyes still wide with shock.

He smiled down at me as he reached down to place a stray strand of hair behind my ear. My breath hitched in my throat as his fingers caressed my cheek. My eyes flickered back and forth as I did not know where to let my gaze settle. My eyes finally met his brown gaze, and I stared at him in awe.

"Is this a dream?" I whispered, afraid that it would in fact be a dream.

"Does it feel like it?" He questioned as a childish grin danced on his lips.

My eyes fluttered closed and I focused my breathing. I could still sense his presence and I could feel the heat radiating from off of his body that was so close to mine. I could feel his arm around my waist holding me tightly, and his breath fanning my face. My eyes slowly fluttered open and settled on his brown ones.

"It really is you, this is not a dream... You're home" I stammered out as tears blurred my vision, my emotions overwhelming me. I lifted my hand and placed my palm against his cheek, and smiled widely as a giggle escaped past my lips. "Brad..."

He instantly pulled me closer to him and cradled my face with his free hand as his thumb followed the outlines of my face. His face slowly inched closer towards mine, and butterflies erupted in my stomach as he stared deeply into my eyes. My eyes fluttered closed yet again as I could feel his lips ghosting over mine, and I melted into his touch when I felt his lips settle on mine after what had seemed like forever. I smiled into the kiss before I pulled away and rested my forehead against his.

"You're finally home. Just like you promised"

A/N
Oh my goodness, over 60 reads! Thank you all so so much❤️
- Lina xx