F I F T Y - O N E

Start from the beginning

He turns back to Grayson, hate not leaving his gaze.

"Pack your girlfriend's stuff and get her out of my house." he mumbles and bumps into Grayson's shoulder on his way upstairs.

He walks in a slow and dead motion, a bit unsteady, as if he still can't believe what's going on.

I fall down to my knees, harshly pressing my fists against the floor. I clench my teeth and squeeze my eyes shut as droplets of tears fall down on my hands.

Grayson walks up to me and kneels down, running a hand over my lower back in an apologetic way. He gently folds his fingers around my arms and helps me get up. Once I'm standing on my feet, I harshly fist his shirt and snuggle my face on his chest, not to sob, but just to think.

I blink my wet eyelashes against his shirt, my breathing decreasing. I press my ear on his chest and listen to the sound of his heartbeat.

Slow, steady... and alive.

For a second I thought I killed him... For a second, the heartbeat I'm listening to was silent.

For a second I thought Ethan was going to forgive me...

But no.

Nothing is ever going to be the same...

-----

I press my elbow on the window and rest my cheek in my palm as I look outside in sadness.

Grayson looks over at me, lazily laying a hand over the steering wheel as we roll on the highway. He bites his bottom lip and looks down at my thighs, unsure if he should rest a hand over them to comfort me or if I would flip out on him.

I eyeball him in the corner of my eye and gulp silently before bringing my gaze back outside.

We have no idea where to go. We've been driving for hours now. It's almost 6 AM...

"This is all my fault..."

"Stop blaming yourself, Hailee." he murmurs and looks at me once again. I purse my lips and close my eyes softly, trying to swallow the uneasy feeling stocked up in my throat.

Sorrow.

"If I didn't entered your lives-"

"If Paige didn't enter our lives, none of this would've happened." he raises his voice a tad louder.

"Don't bring her into this Grayson. Especially not after what happened." I shout at him and at this point, I don't stop the tears from flowing over my jowls. He gulps regretfully.

A sensation of unease and discomfort settles in my stomach and I squeeze my eyes shut to shake the thoughts of throwing up away.

My breathing increases and I feel the sickness coming up more and more. I quickly bring a hand over my mouth as I gasp.

"Pull over... PULL OVER!" I yell and he hits the brakes before pulling over as fast as he can.

I jump out of the truck and fall to my knees before throwing my guts up. The liquid keeps coming up my mouth and burning the tissues in my throat. Tears and chapstick join in the mixed flavours on my tastebuds.

Grayson runs around the car and bends over me, lifting my hair out of the way and rubbing my back in circular motions.

"Hailee..." he mumbles and kneels down next to me. I let out a deep cough and right after; a loud sob. My arms start to shake under my weak body as I choke back my sobs. I bring my hand to my mouth and wipe the disgustingness on the corners of my lips with a shaky hand.

Grayson grabs my trembling arms and slowly pulls me up to make me sit. He slides his hand behind my head, to the base of my neck and pulls me closer so my sobs are smouldered against his chest.

"What's happening to me..." my voice quivers against his jacket and he closes his eyes while running a hand in my hair to calm me down. I fist the leather material covering his chest in my hands and muffle my cries as best as I can.

"You're just too stressed, babygirl... you need to calm down." he pushes away and stares in the depth of my eyes, his hands now framing my face. I lay my hands over his and sob uncontrollably, my breathing increasing by the second.

"Hailee, baby, breathe in and breathe out. You need to relax." his voice is low and soothing.

I squeeze my eyes shut and try to conceal my sobs but I end up panting like a dying animal.

"Open your eyes..." he whispers.

I shake my head and start to suffocate.

"Hailee look at me." I open my eyes, tears streaming down my cheeks, to find his face now inches away from mine. His eyes are calm and reassuring and his touch; mild.

"Focus on me." he orders and takes a deep breath. I copy his move and fill up my lungs. We both hold a stare for a few seconds before he leans in and gently presses his lips on mine, making me close my eyes instantly.

My fingers loosen their grip on his jacket and they soon caress the material up to his collar, where I slightly start to pull to bring him closer.

He bites my bottom lip softly before breaking away. His eyes meets mine again and he tips his forehead to mine, taking a small pause.

"Better?" he murmurs and I shake my head, a thin smile curling up on the corners of my mouth.

We stand up and he pulls me in an embrace as soon as we're back on our feet. I rest my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his waist. He kisses the crown of my hair before looking up at the sky, heaving a deep sigh.

Grayson's POV

Ethan you bastard... What have you done...

 What have you done

-----

Author's note : I live for Graylee moments 😩😍

Did you guys like today's chapter? Comment down below what you thought :)

And on that note, I'll see you guys next time!

PEACE ✌️