Chapter 1: Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"System Initiating.

-Ten

-Nine

-Eight

-Seven

-Six

The melodic tics made him feel like a bomb was about to go off, already there was that loud boom, what next?

-Five

-Four

-Three

He shrunk into himself, fear gripped him and he closed his eyes.

-Two

-One

Indra's entire body tensed.

Zero, Systems start. Please select a username."

His eyes were shut tight, he was prepared for the worst, it never came. He opened his eyes after about ten seconds had passed and took a slow look around.

"What the hell is going on?" He inquired to no one in particular.

It sounded like something you'd hear on tv or from those video games he's heard about, he never really got to play one or even see one for that matter. After a full minute or so he'd calmed down and decided to follow along with the voices instructions, after all, he had nothing to lose. If this was real Indra didn't want to just pick the first thing that came to mind so he thought hard on the question.

"A username huh?" It was hard, The only names anyone ever called him were mean. A short time passed and nothing came to mind. "A username." He repeated as if it would just magically make some genius idea come to mind. Indra was getting angry and he needed to let out his frustration. So he did.

"I just want salvation!" He shouted into the dreary sky. Rain pelted his face, the cold drops cooled him down a bit and he calmed himself.

"Please confirm choice of username, Salvation. yes or no."

"Salvation." he said under his breath, not wanting the system to mistake it for confirmation. It had a ring to it but just didn't feel right. He wanted something more, if this was real Indra would be granted a new beginning. He wanted something that pertained to that.

"No."

"Please select a username."

It's tone was flat, just like it was before. Indra thought hard for a few more minutes until finally something clicked. Genesis. That would be his name.

With a smile Indra spoke. "Genesis." He was satisfied with his choice.

"Please confirm choice of username, Genesis. yes or no."

"Yes."

"Genesis has been set as your username. Welcome to the Conquest System, Genesis. As a new user, you have been given one hundred points. These points are to be used in the system. Use them wisely; you will only gain more points each time you level up. Each attribute represents an aspect of your body."

The system stopped speaking and letters appeared to be hovering in mid air, like magic. There wasn't much else to do but read them.

"Level: 0

Class: None

Energy type:

Bonus Points: 100

Species: Human

Titles: None

Skills: None