Chapter 11: The Truth about Energy: Qi and Stats Examined

Genesis would not call himself a flower fan by any means, but even he had to admit, the scent of the flower next to him was incredible. This was the first time the boy had ever been awoken by such a terrific scent. Genesis awoke to a tantalising and refreshing smell that seemed to rejuvenate him and give him strength.

He groggily stood up and balanced himself against the wall. But with every deep breath he took, Genesis found that his fatigue and weakness had gone. Genesis decided to take a look deep within himself and observe his internal situation. The flower was tempting, but he had already won it. There was no need to rush because it was now his.

Genesis had long ago used multiple meditation techniques to great effect. They had allowed him to gain a better understanding of this world and his own abilities.

There was a game-like system that made one 'level up with each kill, but it was not that simple.

According to the knowledge he had received from the system and the dreams he had seen, everything in the universe absorbed, processed and stored a wild and chaotic heterogeneous energy called World Energy. Sentient creatures, through a process called cultivation, could take in this World Energy and circulate it through an intangible system of blood vessel passageways called Spirtual or Energy Pathways.

In the process of cultivation, one takes energy from the environment or another external source and circulates that energy in the intangible network of blood vessel-like pathways that run throughout the human body. Repeat absorption, circulation and application of the energy were the three core essences of cultivation.

As there are many Energy Pathways, there are many routes the energy can take. This results in powers and abilities manifesting differently. If one cultivates without the instruction of someone skilled or without a cultivation manual, then they are risking injuring themselves, and potentially crippling their own cultivation.

There were many different types of cultivation manuals in existence. From fire types to soul types to physical body cultivation types. Humans could cultivate more than one manual, but it was no different from an athlete training in multiple sports. Multiple factors, time and talent being paramount, dictated one's progress in practising multiple manuals.

Circulating World Energy along specific Energy Pathways resulted in the World Energy transforming into a homogenous form of energy that the cultivator's body can use while the rest is expelled back into the environment.

Humans cannot use raw World Energy, so it is usually processed into milder forms that are easier to control which were Qi and Mana. There were other energy types but they were either derivative of the two or some sort of mixture.

All spells were powered by Mana while techniques were powered by Qi. Qi was used by warriors and Mana by mages. One could learn to use both but it was tiring and required incredible talent. On Earth it would be akin to a person practising their weaker arm their whole lives. Hence Although everyone could try and use both, the dominant energy was always the focused one.

Even though Samsara Breaker was a mysterious class, hence Genesis could only figure out a few clues.

Firstly It would evolve into another form soon. So right now he shouldn't get too comfortable with what he can or cannot do.

Secondly, it had to do greatly with elemental manipulation. For example, Genesis had shown great progress with fire manipulation, but the initial wood element ability he had was gone. It seemed there was some sort of intricate rule regarding the relationships of his elements he did not understand.

Last but certainly not least, his energy was Qi, but there were other energies he couldn't figure out mixed in. Then he remembered the system's earlier explanation.

[Endurance affects your health and stamina. Agility affects your speed and reflexes. Strength affects your physical strength and vitality, for example, how quickly you heal from physical attacks. Wisdom is how efficiently you use Mana or Qi. It affects how quickly you heal from manna and Qi attacks, and it affects cognitive reasoning. Intelligence determines your manna or Qi capacity and is your defence against these types of attacks. Intelligence also affects memory. Both Agility and Strength affect your physical attack power. One attribute can become a primary effector and the other a secondary effector. This is dependent on which class you choose to use

There are generally two types of classes, Mana-reliant and Qi-reliant classes. Each class usually depends on one type of energy in the early stages of levelling. Each energy type has an advantage. Mana-reliant classes are ideal for long-range attacks. They result in overall damage, but not much physical damage. These Mana-reliant classes possess low strength, endurance, and agility. Their advantage is increased wisdom and intelligence. Qi-reliant classes are ideal for medium to short-range attacks. They result in less overall damage and possess low wisdom and intelligence. However, these Qi classes possess great endurance, agility, and strength.]

Genesis saw an oddity in his class. It was Qi-reliant, but a lot of what he could do seemed to have less to do with martial arts and more to do with magic. The boy decided to observe his stats and analyse his situation better.

Username: Genesis

Level: 19

Class: Samsara Breaker

Energy type: Qi

Points: 540

Race: Human

Titles: Qinggong apprentice, Qigong novice.

Skills: Draigan Ansoo, Spacial Tethering.

Minor water manipulation (passive), fire manipulation (passive), minor earth manipulation (passive), minor metal manipulation (passive), space/time manipulation (passive), Taiji enlightenment (passive), Elemental enlightenment (passive). Body enlightenment (passive)

Stats-

Endurance:110

Agility: 120

Strength: 98

Wisdom: 123

Intelligence: 105

[Skill: Taiji Enlightenment (passive) –This skill allows a user to gain an in-depth understanding of the balance between opposites and the balance between all things.

Skill: Elemental Enlightenment (passive) –This skill allows a player to improve their ability to comprehend the eight elemental gates and the laws of nature. It will allow a player to gain knowledge on whichever of the gates they can access.

Skill: Body Enlightenment (passive) –This skill allows a player to gain a complete comprehension of their self inner and outer, it will allow them to improve their body through meditation and training to potentially infinite limits.]

Skill: Draigan Ansoo (Active) (Rating: C+) (Custom) An isolated pocket space one meter in diameter filled with concentrated oxygen the relative size of a raindrop and with an ember that can ignite the pocket dimension.

Skill: Spatial Tethering (Active) (Rating: C-) Create a connection to a spatial node and fold space over short distances. Requires innate Qiankun Energy.

Genesis saw that he was only one level away from the class evolution. He was bursting with curiositry towards wah would come, but alas, he had to focus on what was.

First, he had to look at his skills.

..........

AN:

If you want updates on my...uh...updates, follow me on webnovel, royalroad, wattpad fb insta and twitter!

www.facebook.com/theonionjunktionx
instagram @theonionjunktion (cool character designs and such there:)
Twitter @onionjunktion95
https://www.royalroad.com/profile/31128
wattpad @theonionjunktion
webnovel @theonionjunktion
email: chikosikjog@gmail.com

Thank you for reading! Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know. Creation is hard, cheer me up!

-Onion