Chapter 11- Formality Part 2

Dress 1: Isla

Dress 1: Isla

Dress2: Sydney

Previously

"I'm not going to that dance." I deadpanned. "There is no way in hell that I'm going to watch him have a good time with someone else."

"Don't say that." Matt said gently.

I looked at him confused.

"Don't let him have that much power over you Isla. Go to the dance and have a good time with your friends." Matt said.

"I don't want to have to face seeing him with someone else." I looked down at my hands.

"Then don't do it alone."

"What?" I asked him. His face unreadable.

"I'll go with you. Just as friends. Forget the exhibit. This can be our friend date." Matt offered, he gave me a smile and I couldn't help but smile back.

"You'd really do that?" I asked.

And Now...

Chapter 11 Formality Part 2

"You look beautiful." I heard my dad say from my bedroom door. "Both of you."

I looked at Sydney.

"Thanks dad." Sydney said as she looked at him with a smile on her face.

I looked at my dad, "Thank you."

He looked as if he was close to tears.

"Dad?" I asked, "I wish your mother were here to see this." He said. I looked to Sydney, she never met mom because she left before dad adopted Sydney. I knew that if she had, she would've loved her.

"Me too." I said with a sad smile.

"I'll see you girls down stairs." Dad said before he left.

I looked down at my

I placed my brothers' necklaces on my dresser. Sydney noticed my hesitation, she walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"It'll be okay, it's just one night." She said reassuringly.