Chapter 3- Pack Mentality

Previously

Previously...

"The, uh, medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found." Stiles said.

"And – "

"Well, we'll keep it simple." Stiles started, "Medical examiner determines killer of girl to be animal, not human. Derek's human, not animal. Derek not killer. Derek let out of jail."

"Are you kidding?" Scott asked

"No, and here's a bigger kick in the ass. Stiles' dad I.D.'d the dead girl. Both halves. Her name was Laura Hale." I explained.

"Hale?"

"Derek's sister." Stiles responded.

And Now...

Chapter 3 Pack Mentality

"Isla..." A voice whispered. "Isla...Isla...Isla..."

"Who's there?" I asked the unknown voice. It sounded familiar, like someone I knew so long ago. I didn't feel scared, it felt like whoever this was wouldn't hurt me.

"Isla...Beacon Hills isn't safe." It warned. I pushed myself out from under my covers in hopes of finding the source. I went to stand but it felt as if my feet were glued to the floor.

"What?" I said as I tried again but to no avail, I was still stuck.

"You have to get out..." It said as it had gotten louder.

"Who is that?" I asked as I struggled against the invisible weight that was holding me down.

"Beacon Hills isn't safe." It repeated.

"You have to get out before it's too late." It sounded as if it were getting closer.

"Danger is coming..."

"Leave me alone." I said as I started trying to pull my legs off the ground.

"Leave..." The voice whispered, slowly dying off.

It stopped.

"Wait come back." I said as I fought to release myself from the invisible chains that held me down.

But the voice was already gone.

I closed my eyes and I was outside the school. How did I end up here? I closed my eyes in hopes that whatever was going on would end soon. There was a noise coming from behind the school. I followed it and realized I was approaching the school buses. The bus that took me to and from school last year was shaking and there was an animalistic sound coming from the inside. I cautiously walked towards it. Did an animal get in during the night? The bus continued to shake and I all I could feel was terror. I was almost to the door was a red substance hit the window. I jumped back in fear, I squinted my eyes trying to figure out what was on the windows. It was only after it slowly slid down the window did I realize it was blood.