Chapter 4- Magic Bullet

Previously

Previously...

"What the hell happened?" My dad asked the officer who was taking my statement.

"She came out for Ice cream but needed gas, she heard a noise from behind the station went to check it out and found the body." The officer said.

Sheriff Stilinski approached my father and me.

"You okay Isla?" Sheriff asked.

"Of course, she's not fine Noah she found a body." My father said.

They went back and forth about the whole thing. I started to drown them out. I looked off into the distance and saw Stiles and Scott in the crowd with nervous faces. It wasn't until they're eyes locked with mine did a look of terror cross their faces.

The ambulance started to wheel the body away from the scene and into the back of the truck.

I pushed myself slowly out of the police car letting the blanket they had given me fall to the ground.

"I warned you." The voice from my dream whispered.

And Now...

Chapter 4 Magic Bullet

"It's good to see you again Isla." Mr. Kinnley said as I sat in his office twiddling my thumbs.

Mr. Kinnley was my counselor after I saw Jonah commit suicide. That was a while ago and now here I am back where I started. Dad asked Mr. Kinnley if we could come in, I've gone to him twice and I just want it to end already.

"Isla it's been a week, how are you doing?" He asked as he sorted through his files.

"I'm okay." I answered. "I want to go back to school because it's getting boring sitting at home with nothing to do."

Mr. Kinnley nodded, "I understand that, you are doing a lot better with this than most people would."

"Well I did have three brothers die. So, I guess we can say I'm used to tragedy." I said as I snapped a bit.

"Isla can you replay that night for me?" Mr. Kinnley asked as he straightened himself up in the seat.

I let out a heavy sigh and closed my eyes.

"I just wanted Ice Cream, it was 8 when I left my house 8:13 when I arrived at the gas station because I was running low on gas. I pulled in two cars left and Derek Hale was there, there was broken glass from his car window. I asked if he was alright and he left right after that. I started the gas pump and right as I finished up the station closed. The power shut off, I went to go tell the clerk I had to pay but he didn't answer the door so I was about to leave and I heard a noise coming from the woods. I went to go check it out and I found the body. Then I ran across the street and got help." I recited the story I must have said twenty times by now.

"Did you see anyone there?" Mr. Kinnley asked.

"Just the dead body." I said as I played with my hair.