"Thank you, but I would rather just get it over with."

       He stared down at me a moment more before nodding and giving me a smile of approval. He didn't bother knocking like last time, and instead just opened and held the door for me. Like the day before the loud, deep, male voices filling the hall instantly quieted as I stepped into the large room, one long table resting in the center. I was starting to suspect all rooms in the castle held such tables.

       "Emrie, thank you for joining us." The King's voice was like a bolt of lightning straight to my heart, and despite the automatic pull I felt towards him- he was little distraction from the inhuman eyes staring straight at me. My eyes flickered briefly to his bright blues as he slowly stood from the chair at the head of the table.

       A flash of gold caught my vision and I paused as my gaze landed on Terif. I was surprised at the relieved sigh that left my lips. He appeared perfectly fine, the emotionless but rather grumpy mask over his face, but fine nonetheless. A heavy weight suddenly lifted from my chest.

       As soon as the King stood tall on his feet, the large wolf-bornes surrounding the table did as well. My eyes widened at the sight, at the view of five very large, very strange men standing side by side. I tried not to make it too obvious that I was easing closer towards Aeyron.

       I watched with wide, nervous eyes as Eirik walked slowly towards us, his beautiful gaze flashing brightly against the light of the room. My heart nearly died when he paused in front of us and held his large hand out to me, a small smile trying to pull at his lips.

       My body moved on its own accord, my mind too focused on his almost-smile, on the way his eyes shined brightly down at me- and I slipped my hand unconsciously into his. My breath caught in my throat as that almost smile turned into a real one.

       "This way, little one."

       I didn't bristle at the name, not like when Leikos or any other villagers felt it necessary to put little in front of whatever they called me. Compared to the King and all other wolf-bornes I had met, I was little.

       I followed him obediently, my mind solely focused on the fact that he was holding my hand and smiling over at me. This was the most at ease I had ever seen him, and knowing that he was acting so in front of his Generals was mind blowing.

       Aeyron walked slowly behind us until he stood directly beside the only unused chair at the table, the one right next to the King's- the Second in Command's seat. I couldn't stop my hand from shaking slightly in the King's gentle grip as he eased me to a stop right beside his chair- right in front of all their unwavering gazes.

       "These are my Generals, men I trust with my life- and now yours. One will always be near you when I am not." I wanted to cry in disappointment when his hand slipped from mine and he stood a step behind me so I was the certain of attention. I bit my lip nervously.

       "H-Hello..."

       As if on cue, all six of the large wolf-bornes in front of us placed their right arm across their chest and bowed toward us- even Terif and Aeyron. My stomach still twisted with a thousand different nauseating nerves.

       I recognized the two from the other day, and the one that made the comment about how I was the 'famous Emrie'. The man's dark green eyes seemed to be alight in never-ending amusement. Eildor was his name- I think. The other General who had shoved him through the door stood directly beside him, his eyes as dark as the black hair resting softly against his forehead.

       "You already know Terif." The King's words seemed to be a gentle murmur in my ear, even though he stood proud and strong beside me and his voice was heard by all in the room. My eyes flickered over to my previous traveling companion, only to find his golden eyes hard as ice as they stared over at me- like he could practically see how nervous I was and didn't care.