Chapter 3

We were working with Rafael on a friend of ours. He wanted a big piece on his back,and it took us 8 hours of designing and colouring. After finishing the piece we all took a break to celebrate it. our friend left and we finally catched our breaths.

"Woohoo, that was tiring." Rafi spoke.

"Agree." I laughed as I started cleaning the needles.

The bell rang as someone opened the door.

"Oh hey man." Rafi greeted the customer. I guess it was one of his friends, but I was wrong.

I lifted my head to meet those mesmerizing blue eyes. It was Nick.

He came towards me smiling bushfully and greeted me.

"Hey Izzy... how are you?"

"I'm fine." I smiled "How are you?"

"I'm good too. Can I ask you something?" I saw him coming closer towards my body. I nodded.

"Do you want to go out with me?" Nick asked nervously looking at me with eyes wide open .

It was kind of sudden to me because we only knew each other for a day but somehow I agreed.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed.

"Well. I guess we haven't that much work today. How about you take a break?" Rafi said playing with his lip ring. I knew what this was for. He eavesdropped our conversation with Nick.

"Oh okay." I responded and then turned my gaze to Nick. "Well I'm free now." I said.

"Great. Let's go out then, shall we?"

"Let's go ."

We went out and found a cafeteria. It was very nice although a bit crowded. I was contemplating and decided to ask him a question.

"So Nick.. tell me about your self." I saw him kinda sad. "What is it? Was it the question? I knew that I sh-"

"No it's just..." he sighed. "Okay. I'm gonna tell you. I wasn't having so much fun when I was little. My parents were abusing me... they would hit me and stuff..." a tear rolled across his cheek. "It was awful. At the age of 7 I was given for adoption. Hopefully my 'new' parents were great. They made me feel really nice. So that's how I grew up. I wasn't officially living here in LA. I moved in this year to start a new life by myself. I'm also 21 like you and I'm working in a flower shop. Brutal for a metalhead right?" Nick chuckled with a sad tone.

"Oh.. Nick... I didn't knew you been through this many thing.. I'm sorry for asking you this question and-"

"no, no. it's okay. You have the right to know things about me." he reassured me. "I don't know why but I feel like I've known you for a very long time. I feel comfortable and happy with you by my side." Nick said.

It made me feel very special. I think that I was slowly starting to fall in love with him. But he was too perfect for me. I guess it couldn't be real.

We continued our conversation and after paying for our drinks Nick insisted escorting me. he held my hand during the whole trip.

"It was a great night." He replied blushing.

"I think we should do it again." I said and saw his face lighting up and shining.

"Of course." Nick answered embracing me tightly. "Hey, wanna come by my apartment someday?"his eyes were gleaming.

At first I was kinda hesitant but I agreed. "Alright. Phone me someday." I said smiling.

We broke apart and he greeted me leaving. I ascended to my apartment. I fumbled for my keys in my bag and suddenly the door opened.

"Hello there lady." Rafael smirked. I rolled my eyes and entered inside. "Sooooo, tell me, how did you spent your time?" he asked.

I sat on the sofa and he sat right beside me. "It was great! It couldn't be better. Thanks for letting me go today."

"Don't even mention it. I see how you two look at each other. It was meant to be."

"Oh remember when you told me that we don't know anything about him?" Rafi nodded and I explained him the situation.

"Wow this kid has been through lots of shit."

"I know right." I sighed.

"But you know what's puzzling me? Loads of scientific experiments have showed that many children that have had abusive childhood become psychos or have some kind of personality disorders. Ok maybe he's an exception but you should be aware. Please watch out..." he sighed in agony.

" Rafael... I know that you care about me so much and you don't want me to hurt but I swear, nothing's wrong with Nick. If he was a psycho we would have known it by now so chill."

"ok, ok. I'll chill. But I'm saying something is wrong with him." He looked at me.

After a while Rafael spoke up "Hey, have you told him where our shop was?"

I looked at him strangely "No.."

"Then how come he found us?"

"I don't know. Maybe he searched on the internet or something" I said avoiding his stare.

"See? That was what I was telling you about. He may be following you!!" Rafael said worryingly.

"Please calm down." I said standing up from the sofa. "Nothing is wrong. It's just all in your head."

I was about to leave when Rafael's hand reached mine and turned me around. He looked me straight in the eyes. "Izzy.." he whispered. "promise me that if he tells you to hang out in his house you wont go. Please. I have a bad feeling about this."

I looked down . "okay" . He let go off me and I went in my room. Sitting on the edge of me bed I started thinking about Nick and what I had said to Rafi earlier.. I was going to disappoint him someday..