Chapter1

The light blinded me as I opened my eyes. The surroundings were white. Every single detail was filled with pure white colour. I studied slowly the region. There was nothing in there except for me. It was like a blank page in a book, and I think it was the afterlife.

Was I dead? Yes. I touched my corrupted skin and traced the sign that the rope had left. My life was so wrecked that the only answer was killing myself. I remember tying my rope into a noose. I remember standing on the chair, wearing the noose as a necklace and kicking the chair away. The rope tightened and eventually my last breath left my chest.

Sitting there alone I contemplated my actions, and I think I did the right thing. Although I missed a lot of things...I missed him, his touch, his everything. I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was more than just falling in love with someone. It was love.

I sat there for quite a long time. I felt like at least a day had passed but I wasn't sure as my watch stopped working as soon as I opened my eyes.

Suddenly a shadow appeared. I lifted my eyes to see him standing in front of me. His eyes puffy, his chest was red from the blood that had already dried there from the bullet that had pierced him. The white harmony that embraced us was now broken by blood stains.

"I will never let you go. I told you." he completed his sentence with a weak smile on his lips.

I looked at him trying to understand what he had just said to me. It was true. He always pointed out that he would always be there for me, but I couldn't think that he meant it.

He sat right next to me and looked at me with his sad eyes. I knew that look. It appeared when he felt like nothing was worth it but the moment we were together.

My eyes welled up and I couldn't hold it anymore. I cried. He embraced me whispering to me that everything was going to be okay. No one could bother us anymore. Not here in the afterlife.

I stayed in his embrace until my tears ran dry. There was nothing left anymore. He lifted my face with his fingers and his look pierced my eyes. He cupped my face with his bloody hands and kissed me. It felt so nice. I had really missed him.

We broke apart and he smiled.

"You can't imagine how bad it was here...without you. I missed you so much..." He said.

I smiled as an answer and he hugged me once again. We couldn't be happier. Everyone said that death was something to grief. I say that it was the best thing that happened to me.