F O R T Y - N I N E

Start from the beginning

Grayson remains silent, just like the past 30 minutes...

"Very well done, Paige. Didn't expect them to be here this early. It's perfect!" he rubs his hands together and I hear Paige tense up because of her leather jacket cracking a little bit.

"Is he dead?" he walks up to the center of the light and points at Grayson. Paige comes out of the darkness and nods her head. He chuckles.

I gulp.

"I'll execute her then." he pulls out a pistol and points it towards my forehead. I ball my untied hands into fists and grit my teeth.

It's now or never.

I give Paige a quick look and she nods softly. I jump out of my chair and duck down before Josh pulls the trigger. Paige jumps on his back and smacks the gun off of his hand. He groans and wiggles around with her in his back while I rush myself to the gun laying on the floor. I gab it and load it as fast ad I can. I aim Josh and rest my finger on the trigger.

They keep moving and spinning around...

One wrong move and I kill the wrong person.

I bite my bottom lip and squint my eyes.

I pull the trigger.

-----

⚠️Author's note : Guys you NEED to put the song "Kiss the rain" by Yiruma. PLEASE DO IT! You literally don't have a choice at that point.⚠️

-----

Silence reverberates around the room and I lower the gun as my whole body starts to tremble.

"P-Paige...?" I mumble and drop the gun.

The click of the metal pistol hitting the concrete echoes in my ears.

Josh falls down to his knees before his face hits the ground, making a heavy sound.

Paige stays still in front of him, shaking from everywhere. Blood drips down her mouth.

My jaw drops and my eyes widen, tears starting to fall down instantly. She grabs her stomach and her knees collapse under her weight.

"Paige!" I scream and start to run. I hover myself over her, cupping her face with one hand and pressing against her opened wound with the other one. She lifts her head up slowly and locks her gaze with mine. A tear falls down her cheek and a river of blood rolls down her chin. She cracks a weak smile.

"It-it's o-okay Hailee..." she coughs deeply and more blood comes out of her mouth. I press harder on her stomach and clench my teeth in regret.

"Fuck, no! Paige... please..." I shake harder and my bottom lip feels numb because of the numerous times I bit it too hard to conceal my loud sobs. My shoulders jump uncontrollably and so does hers. I tip my forehead to hers and squeeze my eyes shut.

"I l-love you... Hailee... I did everything I could t-to stop him... Hmmm..." she chokes on her own blood and I start to bawl. I quickly wrap my arms around her neck and pull her in an embrace. I snuggle my face in her hair and cry loudly as she shakes in my arms.

"Shhh... it's okay... I love you too... you can leave..." I caress her hair slowly and keep my eyes shut.

If I open them, a waterfall will fall down my cheeks.

She grunts one last time and her head suddenly becomes heavy against my shoulder. Her hands swing slowly on each side of her body. I let out a small scream and bring a hand over my mouth to muffle the horrible sounds coming from the back of my throat.

My arm loosens around her neck and she falls lifelessly next to me. I hide my face in my hands and bawl like a lost child.

I never remembered her...

-----

Author's note : 😭😭😭

Peace 😭