Barbeque: Part Two

Start from the beginning

We walked over to see Justin and a black haired girl in a tight embrace. Danny stood on the sidelines watching as we came up beside him. Danny smiled at us.
"You guys missed it but, don't worry, I'll catch you up. They were arguing and now they're hugging. Done, you're caught up." He beamed at us and Aaron rolled his eyes at this.

After what seemed like decades, they pulled away from each other and the girl walked over to Aaron and pulled him into a hug. He smiled before hugging back.
"I missed you, Amelia." He let out with a sigh.

I smiled when Justin walked towards me, a hint of a smile in his dull grey eyes. I nudged him with my hand.
"You didn't tell me you were dating Savannah." I whined, a moody look on my face.

Justin raised his eyebrow at this before gesturing towards Savannah lazily.
"You knew I liked her, so what else could have happened?" He let out bluntly and I rolled my eyes at his words.

Suddenly, Danny was near us and he slapped Justin's back hard with a grin on his face.
"Silly naive Justin. There's so much possible outcomes from liking someone. Like, a one-night stand, friends with benefits, a summer fling, a ch-" he was cut off when Justin slapped him on the side of his head with a glare.

Aaron laughed at this before coming closer to us.
"And, then you ask why he's so adamant on not letting you date his sister." He teased before pulling me towards Amelia.

He gestured in my direction, a slight smile on his face.
"Amelia, this is Alexis. She's my g... er, she's my friend." He said nervously, his hand reaching out to touch the back of his neck, something he often did when he was awkward. I ignored this and smiled at her before shaking her hand.

"It's nice to finally meet a girl who could tolerate Aaron." She joked, her eyes the same shade as Justin's.

Justin smiled at this before motioning towards Savannah, who stood there with a shy smile on her face.
"And, this is Savannah. She's my girlfriend." He said, his voice devoid of emotion, but his eyes were filled with affection.

She greeted her too and then she looked towards Justin, a serious look on her face. We all knew what she was thinking of. I looked towards Danny and he too was sporting a serious look. Justin shook his head slightly before letting out a deep sigh.

"Look, I love you both, but I'm just afraid of what will happen if this whole relationship goes wrong. It's gonna ruin a lot of relationships, not just one." He blurted out, his voice deep. We all understood what he was speaking of. Danny and Justin are friends. Amelia is Justin's sister. If Danny and Amelia potentially break up, it could ruin Justin's and Danny's friendship. Not to mention, this would take a toll on their friendship with Aaron because he'd be in the middle of all this.

Danny sighed at his words and nodded his head. He moved closer and, for a second, I didn't see the childish boy who made us laugh but, rather, I saw a man who wanted something with all his heart.
"Look, Justin, I understand that and I'd never go forward with any of this if you don't want me to. But, what you need to understand is that nothing matters more than your guy's friendship. You and Aaron are my life. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardise that. I can't help my feelings, Justin. I really like her and you know I won't hurt her. Please, just give me a chance." He pleaded and I smiled at his words. He was, indeed, a man.

Amelia moved to his side, a sad look in her eyes.
"I made some mistakes in the past, Justin, but I've realised them now. I want to be back in your life again. Daniel's right, if you don't want to accept this, we'll understand. But, I finally feel happy. I thought what I had with Kyle would fill the gap with what happened in our past, but it didn't and it broke me. Daniel makes me feel like myself again which is something I haven't felt in quite some time. Please, give us a chance." She said in the same pleading manner that Danny had done. Her grey eyes glistened with tears and her shoulder length hair swayed with the wind. I smiled at the similarities I saw between her and Justin.