♛chapter thirteen♛

Dedication:  elizablakegriffin

Clarke's POV

It was almost a week since the incident at the bar with Bellamy happened when I still couldn't shake the words he said out of my head. They play over and over again in my head.

He says, "I just wish she would remember me. I miss so much the way we were back then, it hurts." He did not say my name but I can just feel it had been about me. Maybe he was just drunk and didn't know what he was talking about.

Not knowing what to do about that situation, I decide to cut him off completely and maybe go back to our old terms that we set. Only chemistry related things. Being friends wouldn't work between us because something would always get in the way.

Every once in a while, I would get a text from him asking if I wanted to hang with the group. I would say no to him every time, except once. He was a having a birthday dinner and Finn was going so I should go too.

Finn had convinced me to go, saying that he really wants Bellamy and I to be able to get along.

I still haven't been able to tell Finn what happened that night. I felt guilty like I was keeping a secret from him, Finn's my boyfriend. I should be able to talk to him about this stuff, but I just couldn't.

Bellamy's birthday was a few days ago, December 20th. The dinner was going to be after his hockey game but I was going anyways for Finn and because Murphy asked me in the hallways. I met up with Murphy and Madison at the rink to watch the game.

After the game, while I was waiting with Finn outside for Bellamy to come out to give us directions to the restaurant, we both get texts from him saying that dinner is cancelled.

Not wanting to pry anything further, Finn and I to back to his place for that night. Neither of us had heard a word from him or even Murphy since. Neither of them were in school the next day too.

That was the final confirmation I needed to finally push Bellamy away. Maybe he realized that I had become so distant and that I didn't want to be friends with him anymore.

I wanted to be friends with him but everything between us always got so confusing and I didn't want to keep having to deal with that.

Breaking me out of my deep thoughts, Finn speaks up, "Are you ready to go? We need to be at school in 15."

"Yeah, sorry." I ramble and start my car to drive us to school. Today was the day before Christmas break began and all the midterm projects were due today which I had to drop off before the first bell.

When we arrived at the school, we saw many other people running around in a panic trying to either finish or pass in their projects.

Finn and I get through our classes pretty fast and meet back up in the main lobby.

When he sees me, he asks, "You got everything in?"

"Yeah I think so," I say slowly, looking through my bag one more time just to check, "Wait, I still have to pass in my chemistry thing to Mr Jaha. I'll be right back down."

Finn nods and turns away to go talk to someone else. I rush up to the fourth floor to Mr Jaha's room and as I walking down the hallway, I see Bellamy standing at his locker with Murphy.