Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Sam

“Frankly they give me the creeps,” I whispered in Troye’s ear, nodding my head towards Dallas and his mate who refused to learn the English language. Troye looked up from his phone and glanced in their direction. A distasteful look appeared on his face for a brief moment before he turned his attention back to whomever he was texting.

“Everyone gives you the creeps, Sam.”

I shrugged then glanced back over at my alpha. Dallas and Colette were standing against his locker, both of them surveying the hallway on high alert. They held the same tall, confident stance and facial expressions that would certainly not win any beauty contests.

They practically radiated power. No one ever looked them in the eyes. Kids would go out of their way to avoid them in the hallways, but on the unfortunate occasion they did run into the alpha couple, they kept their eyes trained on the floor and ran like hell.

It didn’t used to be like this. Dallas would smile and we actually had friends, but ever since Colette showed up no one will talk to us anymore. Not that Dallas could be bothered with “such trivial high school matters” anyways, but personally I would like to associate with people outside the pack. This man has gotta find his mate.

I looked down at Troye, who was still focused on his phone. My heart ached at the sight of him. Ever since initiation last week, Dallas has spent all his time taking Colette on dates to “get to know her better” before he does the dirty deed and claims her for life. To be honest I think he’s putting it off for some reason—werewolves tend to meet then mate directly in that order. We don’t waste any time getting things done in the bedroom if you catch my drift. It’s who we are. We were made this way, and for some reason Dallas is completely disregarding that fact.

Troye doesn’t want to admit it, but he misses Dallas even though it’s only been a week. I can see it in the way he looks at he two of them standing there, sharing secrets together. It kills him. Him and Dallas were inseparable and with just one look he was dropped and left to fend for himself. I’m sure Dallas doesn’t mean it that way, but Troye certainly thinks he does.

The smell of cinnamon entered my nose as Issac walked up to Troye and I. What was it with teenage boys and their addiction to smelling like the inside of my mother’s spice cabinet?

“Hey Troye, hey Sam,” I looked up and nodded. He had been hanging around Troye more often lately. I guess Troye needed someone to talk to after the whole Dallas-Colette thing happened.

Troye looked up at Issac, smiling, and began to talk animatedly about the current season of Lost he was watching on Netflix. Issac’s eyes flashed as Troye spoke, trying to take everything in.

Sam get over here. We have a prospect.  Dallas’ determined wolf entered my mind and I groaned. Not again.

All week I’ve been getting these kids to “check out” because Dallas thinks they could be dangerous, when in reality they were just drugged up students.

It all started when we caught the rogue on our territory. We held him in captivity, performing all means necessary to get him to talk about his business on our land and who he was working with. Except he never complied, just laughed manically and whispered “watch out” over and over again until Danny had to punch him in the face so he would shut up.