Flashback

Daisy's POV

I heard Chad coming down the steps and started panicking. Maxwell and I were actually having a good time. I know...weird. But despite what happened I still liked him...a lot. Call me crazy. Chad lead Maxwell to a corner of the room and whispered something to him. For a moment Max looked sad, then his face turned cold and serious as he nodded his head. Then Chad went back up the steps. Max started pacing around the room.

"What's wrong?" I asked. That's when he pulled out a gun.

"Max, no!" I cried. I knew I was going to die. I started to cry and then he pulled the trigger. I heard a loud bang and then nothing. I thought I was dead. Then I heard Chad's voice. I stayed down pretending to be dead. Once I heard footsteps I sat back up slowly. Maxwell rushed over to me.

"Oh thank goodness that worked!" He whispered.

I slapped him.

"What the hell!? You could've killed me and this freaking hurts you jerk!" I yelled silently.

"I wasn't going to kill you...I knew what I was doing. I shot a part of your head where it spills enough blood to look like I killed you, but it doesn't hit anything important."

"I wish you could've warned me!" I started to pass out.

"Whoa! Ok...ummm here!" He said putting a rag on my head. "Let's get you out of here...I'm so sorry for everything."

I stayed silent as he lead me quietly up the steps and out the door. That's when we started hearing sirens and watched as they parked in front of the warehouse.

"Let go of the girl and put your hands in the air!" They yelled.

Maxwell did as he was told and I watched as they hand cuffed him and put him in the back of the police car. Two medics came up to me, put me in the back of the ambulance and started cleaning up my wound. As some officers went into the building one of them stayed back and asked me questions. I told him everything. Especially the part where Maxwell technically saved my life.