Worry

"What has been going on with you lately?" Daisy asked me one day.

"Who me? Uh nothing. Why do you ask?" I replied.

"You've been acting strange lately...like stranger than normal. You're really starting to worry me."

"I'm fine! "

"Promise?"

I didn't respond. Dang it. She used this against me. You see, I believe that promises are sacred. I never break a promise and I never make one I can't keep. Knowing that there might be something I'm not telling her, and knowing this information, she asked me this question. Ugh. Sometimes I hate how smart she is!

"I knew it! Seriously, what's wrong?" She asked.

"Ugh! Ok! I've been feeling weird recently." I said.

"Weird how?"

"Like...someone is watching me..."

"Well I know someone who likes to stare at you a lot."

"Who?"

"Jake...and there's this new kid that likes starring at you too."

"New kid?"

"Yeah. I don't know his name, but he definitely likes you. Ooh! Girl! You got two hot guys going after you! Lucky!"

"Ha you're funny! Jake doesn't...I mean we..."

"Wait! That reminds me! Aren't you supposed to reply to a certain question today!?"

"Omg! I totally forgot!"

"Girl! It's almost time for show choir! Get some!"

"Omg ok ok! I'll go now so I'll be early. He's usually there 30 minutes before it starts. Bye! Wish me luck!" I yelled as I ran towards the choir room.

I walked in the door and sure enough, there he was. He was playing the piano and singing. I didn't want to interrupt home so I stood there listening.

"Say something I'm giving up on you! And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you! And anywhere I would've followed you! Oh oh oh oh! Say something I'm giving up on you!...say something." He has a voice that is so powerful and strong, you would think an angel was in the room.

"Well don't give up on me quite yet." I said as I approached him.

"Whoa! Ah! Piper, hi! Uh...how long have you been standing there?" He asked startled.

"Long enough to finally here what an amazing voice you have."

I could see him blush.

"So anyway I came here early to tell you yes..." I said.

"Yes? To what?" He asked.

"Yes I will go out with you this Saturday."

"Really?! Oh my gosh! That's great! I am so happy right now!"

He came up to me and gave me a giant hug. We laughed and talked until show choir began. We went to our seats, but during class we didn't really pay much attention. Well...I didn't. I was too busy visualizing the date in my mind. And that's when I felt it again. The presence. Why am I being so paranoid? I turned around to see if it was maybe Jake starring at me. Sure enough he was. Maybe Daisy was right. He's the presence I keep feeling...but what about the new kid she mentioned?